Wrong Way, Princess

The week had gone by really quickly.

No, really.

The end of the semester year speech was literally happening right now.

Not a lot had happened.

Jayce told Regulus about her plan and he seemed to not really care about it. He supported her, of course, but it didn't really impact him as much as they all thought it would. It's not like he still had a crush on her. He had moved on. And he respected her regardless of what happened.

"Thank you for joining us as we wrap up another great semester." Dumbledore cleared his throat, gaining everyone's attention.

Jayce was seated at the Slytherin table with Regulus and the rest of their Quidditch teammates.

"Did we ever have a speech before the winter holidays started?" Regulus whispered to Jayce, who shrugged in return.

"There's probably a reason for it."

"Now, I want to start off by saying that I am so proud of all the effort everyone has put in this semester," Dumbledore said. "And I know you're all curious as to why we're having a speech like it's the end of a year, but I'll get to that in a bit, don't worry."

"You don't think it's anything serious, do you?" Regulus asked again.

"I hope not," Jayce responded.

"Now, the reason why I wanted to talk is because I have some news regarding the Quidditch final."

And Jayce nearly lost her mind.

"Oh my God."

Shit, right.

All Quidditch players leaned in, hyper-fixated on what Dumbledore had to say.

Unlike all the previous finals, Professor Hooch did not inform Slytherin of who their opponent would be and an official schedule for the match never happened. This was abnormal as the final match would've already happened by now.

Jayce had a hunch about what was going on but remained quiet to hear what Dumbledore had decided on.

The Hufflepuff cheating situation. Bizarre.

"We will postpone the Quidditch final to next semester," Dumbledore announced. But, it was still silent. "As for who will be playing against, that will also be determined through a semi-final between Ravenclaw and Gryffindor."

Cheers erupted throughout the Great Hall as everyone, well- almost everyone, celebrated their second chance. Various items like hats and even food were flying in the air at this point and it took even Dumbledore a few minutes to have everyone quiet down to listen to what more he had to say. The old man was enjoying the moment himself.

"At least we're still playing in the final match." Jayce sighed a sigh of relief.

"The Hufflepuffs don't look too happy about it." Regulus snickered.

"I'm sure everyone is aware of the reasoning behind this." Dumbledore continued. "So, rather than addressing it, I will assure you that a suitable punishment for those involved will be carried out. And you don't have to worry about it as I'll be having Professor Sprout be in charge of the punishment."

More cheers were heard, especially from where the Ravenclaws and Gryffindors were seated.

"I'm sure you're thrilled," Regulus said to Jayce. "Your friends will have a chance to play."

"I'm sure you're even more thrilled," Jayce responded without much thought.

"What do you mean?" Regulus's eyebrows furrowed together.