Prisoner Of Azkaban

Sirius was out.

Sirius wasn't in Azkaban anymore and he was extremely close to the Selwyn Estate, Jayce could feel it.

But, it's been days.

Why hasn't he showed up?

Maybe it was all just a massive cover-up by the Ministry.

Jayce's head was about to burst open.

"I think the last time I saw you make breakfast was years ago."

Jayce heaved a sigh and placed the last plate of breakfast down on the dining table, thankful that Remus spoke because she was about to go insane.

"I am trying to be a good parent to Harry."

"I know." Remus chuckled. "It's just a rare sight. And did you roast tomatoes?"

"I did." Jayce beamed, gesturing to the crisply roasted tomatoes on the table. "Harry loves them."

"Is he even up?" Remus asked. "That boy usually never wakes up until it's time for lunch."

"He's most definitely up," Jayce said. "His friends showed up early in the morning, so he was up and awake to receive them when they arrived."

"I've heard no noise from his room. And you know those three can be loud as fuck when they're together." Remus said.

"You don't reckon they're asleep, do you?" Jayce suddenly asked.

Remus thought for a moment before shrugging.

"No idea."

"In that case, one of us is gonna have to wake them up."

"He's just like James– can't spend a minute without his friends by his side." Remus shook his head with a smile.

The late morning sunlight streamed through the kitchen window, casting a warm, golden glow over everything. Jayce glanced over the now set up table proudly and moved gracefully around the spacious kitchen. She wore a red apron over her casual attire as she set the table for breakfast. The smell of freshly brewed coffee wafted through the air, mingling with the aroma of sizzling meat.

"It's been so long since I made breakfast," Jayce said.

"It's also been very long since anyone's seen you wear anything other than your Quidditch uniform," Remus added.

"I need to earn for the family." Jayce rolled her eyes.

"We have two Hogwarts Professors, the damn Minister himself, and we got this gigantic estate that's left under your name. Do you really need to keep yourself that busy for money?" Remus raised an eyebrow.

"You can't just expect me to sit at home and do nothing." Jayce retorted.

"That is not what I meant–"

Just then, a familiar voice echoed from the hallway. "I smell roasted tomatoes."

Harry Potter appeared, still in his pajamas, with his messy black hair sticking out in all directions. He was followed closely by Ron and Hermione, both looking equally disheveled.

Jayce couldn't stifle her laughter as the trio of friends entered the dining room.

"So, they really were asleep the whole time." Remus clicked his tongue.

"Hello, Jayce." Hermione groggily greeted Jayce, who waved at the brunette with a small smile. "Breakfast smells amazing."

"Thank you." Jayce beamed. "Make sure to eat plenty, alright?"