Death Of Lupin

Jayce's POV:

Every time it rains in movies, we laugh it off, viewing it as just a cinematic factor that further enhances the emotional appeal the movie is trying to portray. We don't know how heartbreaking it truly is when you feel the sky crying with you when someone dear to you is gone. Life is much more cruel than a movie because cinematic features don't exist. We do.

My body was hugged by the black clothes that reminded me of the reason why the sky masked my tears.

Remus's mother died.

And with her, she took a part of Remus.

I turned to look at Remus and my heart clenched at the sight of his broken figure.

He was sitting next to his father, Lyall Lupin. Both had solemn expressions, but there was not a sign of any tears. Mr. Lupin, however, had tear stains on his red cheeks, indicating that he had been crying in isolation.

Suddenly, a hand pressed on my shoulder as I looked away from Remus and faced Sirius, who was looking down at me with an incomprehensible expression.

"The funeral's going to start in a few hours. They're moving the coffin to the main area. Do you wanna help?" Sirius asked me.

I heaved a sigh and shook my head no as we walked out of the room and into another.

"No, Sirius. I don't feel good at all. Remus looks so broken, I wish I could help him, but-"

Sirius wrapped his arms around me and pulled me close to his chest.

"I know. But, we can't do anything about it, darling. It's just the way life is." Sirius whispered as I gently pulled away.

I looked down at my feet, not knowing what to say.

Not even Sirius's comfort was enough. And I couldn't even put together how Remus was feeling. I didn't even know the woman and I was feeling empty, so I couldn't imagine how her son would be feeling.

Then, suddenly, a new figure joined the two of us as I looked up to stare right at Lily's face.

"Hey, have any of you seen Peter? He has the lock to one of the boxes we have to open for the, um, funeral." Lily asked.

"I did see him with James a little while ago. Check with him. He should be upstairs." Sirius told her, his hands tightly wrapped around me.

Nodding, Lily walked away from the two of us.

Right after McGonagall had told us that Remus had left because his mother had passed away, we couldn't process anything. Our world crashed in front of us by hearing such devastating news.

James was the first one to snap out of his thoughts and urge all of Remus's close friends to pack their bags and head over to the Lupins to provide some support.

Despite not being given permission to leave, McGonagall understood and let us all leave.

Immediately, Sirius, James, Peter, Lily, Mary, Alice, Marlene, Pandora, Frank, and I packed our luggage and flew to Remus's house.

It was a horrifying sight.

Mr. Lupin was hovering over the casket that held Mrs. Lupin, crying so painfully that upon hearing him, my eyes welled up with tears.

Despite the melancholy state of things, it wouldn't be wrong to say that people were relieved.

Don't get me wrong. Mrs. Lupin dying was horrible. But, given the state of things, especially with Lord Voldemort on the rise, people were dying in vain because of him. Mrs. Lupin did not. Mrs. Lupin died of natural causes. Remus had mentioned many times that his dear mother was ill. But, it still hurt to see such a wonderful woman die.