Let's Break Up

"Let's break up."

Eyes widened in surprise, looking into another pair that exerted nothing but emptiness.

We aren't there yet.

We aren't there yet.

We aren't there yet.

If Jayce truly believed that the week of the Quidditch tryouts would be calm, she would be a fool. And precisely, that's what she was.

Quidditch tryouts for Slytherin were completed two nights ago and Jayce finally had the time to take a look at herself. She was fit physically, but her appearance had been ignored way too much.

She finally took a day off for herself, taking care of herself properly, looking after her skin to try to make it look good, and putting on the correct and proper uniform.

After a much-needed day of rest, she finally looked put together.

She looked like herself.

Merlin, thank god it was her last year at Hogwarts. But, she still had many things to do.

She had to start studying for the NEWTs, properly hang out with her friends at Hogwarts, catch up with her friends outside of Hogwarts, and start her extracurriculars again. But, most importantly, she had to go see Sirius.

She hadn't seen Sirius after Kylian's interruption.

Which meant that they hadn't had a decent conversation for over a month now.

She felt extremely guilty.

At first, she was angry with him because she thought maybe he was just being a git, but who was it that became completely unavailable for a longer period of time later?

And Sirius couldn't even have tried to speak with her, she simply had no time. But, now, things were different. And she desperately had to talk to Sirius. Clear things up between them, ask him about why he never sent her any letters, explain that she and Marshall were acquaintances at best and that she terribly missed him.

Luckily, she didn't have any morning classes. But, she knew Sirius would be up and awake very early as he preferred to have breakfast with James, who had an early class with Regulus.

So, she forced herself to wake up early enough to give her plenty of time to look better than usual and prepare her apology speech for Sirius. He would forgive her, right? He knew how busy she was. She even told all her friends the one night they had dinner together before shit went down for her.

'Hey guys, I'll be busy for a while, but let's definitely hang out after I'm done'. That was good right?

Jayce frowned.

Yeah, that was good. For friends.

But, Sirius was her boyfriend and she felt guilty knowing that she only treated him as a friend when it came to explaining her situation. But, it's fine. Things would be alright.

They would be alright.

Plus, Sirius was also busy, it's not like he had nothing to do.

Mustering up confidence and taking one last look at herself in the mirror, Jayce walked out of her room and walked to the Great Hall. She definitely felt many eyes on her as she walked through the halls. And she didn't blame anyone one bit. She looked horrible so far, so seeing her look decent for once came up as a bit of a surprise for the students and even some of the professors.