Regulus

A month had passed since Jayce last spoke to Sirius.

A long time, yes.

And a lot had happened as well.

Jayce decided to take some time off to focus on herself for the time being.

Eventually, James and Peter started talking to her after Remus had informed Lily and Mary of the situation, and the two girls scolded James and Peter for blindly trusting Sirius.

As for Sirius, he was just as stubborn as he had been at the beginning of the fight and completely stopped speaking to Jayce.

But, things were looking bright for Jayce. Slytherin made it to the final match, which was against Gryffindor, as they had also beaten Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw within the span of this month.

Everything was going well.

Yet, deep down, Jayce missed Sirius.

But, she wasn't going to do anything until she was ready.

She was really angry at Sirius for jumping to conclusions. She wasn't going to be lenient with him anymore. And even though it took some time, she now had all of her friends back, and that was more than enough for now. She can focus on Sirius another time.

To be honest, she couldn't really feel anything for Sirius anymore. She felt free. Or at least, that was what she thought.

"Earth to Jayce!" Pandora waved her pale hand in front of Jayce, who snapped out of her thoughts and turned to her friends at the table.

"What're you thinking about?" Marlene wiggled her eyebrows at the Slytherin girl.

"Nothing of that sort." Jayce rolled her eyes, stuffing a piece of chicken into her mouth.

"She's thinking about how it's been so long since it's only been us three together. Like how it used to be." Pandora said. "I like that we've... expanded our friendship a little, but sometimes I miss our old group - just us three."

"And Evan," Marlene added.

"Unfortunately." Jayce laughed. "I can't believe we were friends with that guy. Always having dinner with him."

"He did help you around a lot. You guys were like siblings." Pandora reminded her, tapping on the table as Jayce and Marlene ate their dinner.

"Yeah, and I'm thankful. But, we did the right thing by kicking him out." Jayce stated.

Before Pandora or Marlene could respond, another voice joined the conversation.

"Kicked him out because he isn't of use to you anymore?"

All three heads turned around to look at Sirius Black.

Jayce rolled her eyes and turned right back around, not wanting to interact with him right now.

"Leave, Black." Pandora hissed, not wanting to ruin Jayce's mood.

"Oh, trust me, I would love to. But, I couldn't help but hear your conversation about-"

"I don't give a damn about what you heard, Black." Jayce snapped and stood up, her eyes burning with rage.

"Oh, not so friendly now, are we?" Sirius taunted her.

"Honestly, what in the bloody Hell is your problem?" Jayce yelled, gaining everyone's attention.

"You wanna know my problem, Selwyn?" Sirius chuckled, raising an eyebrow, as if wanting to intimidate her.