October 31, 1981

"I don't know how to tell you guys this."

All eyes fell on Lily Evans as she fiddled with her hands.

"You have another test coming up and you can't make it to Three Broomsticks tonight?" Marlene rolled her eyes.

But, when Lily didn't say anything and just looked at her friends with a nervous expression, Mary placed her hand on Lily's shoulder.

"You can tell us anything, Lily."

"Yeah, we won't judge you. We've known each other for what? Like seven years now." Alice grinned.

"Almost," Jayce added.

"Either way, what's up?" Dorcas asked.

Lily inhaled sharply and turned to her friends.

"Alright." She breathed. "I think I'm in love with James Potter."

Nobody said a word.

Lily watched her friends nervously.

But, when Jayce held out her hand to Marlene and said: "Pay up, bitch." And Marlene rolled her eyes before handing Jayce ten galleons, Lily's jaw dropped.

"Three more weeks and I would've won," Marlene complained.

"Won what?" Lily asked.

"They were betting on how long it would take for you to admit your feelings for James." Alice snickered.

"So, you two knew all along?" Lily turned to Jayce and Marlene.

"No." Marlene shook her head. "Everyone knew."

Lily turned to face the rest of them, who looked like they were holding back their laughter.

"For how long?" Lily grimaced.

"For a while now." Mary chuckled.

"Yeah, we've all seen the way you look when James Potter shows up because you go all–"

Jayce stopped Dorcas from talking when she saw that Lily's face matched the color of her hair and her green eyes widened.

"And it's happening again." Marlene laughed.

And they were right.

When James Potter joined them with his friends, they weren't surprised.

"Well, hello, ladies, hope we aren't interrupting anything." James greeted them. "Thought we could grab breakfast together."

"We knew it was you, don't worry." Mary snickered.

"How so?" Sirius raised an eyebrow as he took a seat next to Jayce after planting a small kiss on her cheek.

"Just a hunch." Marlene winked at Lily, playfully nudging her while doing so.

"Alright, what do we have here for breakfast?" Peter clapped his hands together as he sat down next to Mary, his eyes concentrated on the food in front of him.

"Don't mind me sitting across from you, Evans," James said as he took his seat.

"I don't mind." Lily slowly said.

James looked at her with a funny grin on his face. "Damn, what a way to tell me that we're married."

"We are not married." Lily shook her head.