Au Revoir, Sixth Year

Bryce was gone.

Sixth year has ended.

Well, about to.

Sitting up on the soft bed, Jayce stretched her limbs, her eyes immediately focusing on a well-dressed Pandora standing up by her bed.

"Good morning." Pandora smiled at Jayce, who nodded as she yawned.

"You ready?" Jayce grinned, her eyes still barely open.

"Hopefully." Pandora chuckled, closing her packed suitcase.

Jayce's eyes fell on Pandora's once-stuffed bookshelves, unorganized closet, and messy bed, which were now empty.

"I can't believe you're leaving." Jayce sighed as she got off of her bed.

"We'll still see each other." Pandora winked. "My family loves you, I'm sure we'll see each other over the summer as well."

"But, Xenophilius-"

"Honey, I'm a Slytherin. I can take care of it." Pandora smirked.

"You got a plan?"

"You bet I do." Pandora nodded. "Live with my parents for a year or two and then move out with Xenophilius."

"So, you're gonna cut ties with your family?" Jayce's morning voice made it hard for Pandora to hear much.

"That's up to them, to be honest." Pandora shrugged, giving her part of the room one last glance before turning back to Jayce.

"All set?"

"Mhm. Hopefully you'll get a good roommate." Pandora added. "Not better than me of course."

"Shut up." Jayce rolled her eyes, grabbing some of her morning products. "I'll see you at breakfast."

"If only you were an early bird, we could've left together." Pandora teased.

"Well, I'm not, so get out, ex-roomie." Jayce stuck her middle finger up before leaving the room to get ready for the day.

It was the last day of Hogwarts.

One more year to go.

One more year of safety and innocence.

One more year of fun.

Deciding to switch things up a bit and given the hot weather, Jayce reached out for her Slytherin skirt.

Maybe for once, she could look like a proper student.

Hair styled, neat uniform, and not looking dead inside.

That was an achievement.

Within a few minutes, Jayce was done and exited the dormitories and entered the Slytherin common room, which was expectedly packed with students.

Some were ready to graduate. Some had tear marks on their cheeks. Some looked bored. Some looked sleepy.

Then, Jayce's eyes fell on her group of people.

"Oy, captain!"

And their eyes fell on her as well.

A smile lifted Jayce's lips as she made her way over to Emma, Brutus, Alexis, Pandora, and Regulus.

"Good morning." She beamed at her teammates.

"You look ready, girl." Alexis complimented Jayce, pointing to her hair.

"Well, it's the last day. I had to try." Jayce chuckled.

"You know what, don't even mention that and make me sad." Brutus groaned. "I don't wanna think about the fact that this is the last day."