Love Antidote

Shocked. That's what everyone was. Shocked.

"You bloody bloke, you used a love potion on Jayce?!" Sirius hollered, immediately marching towards Regulus.

"No. He didn't," Remus stated. "Sit down, Padfoot."

"Then, who did?" Sirius asked.

Lily sighed deeply, her eyes lingering on Regulus.

"Avery and Mulciber."

"What? No. They wouldn't." Regulus quickly came to their defense. "On what basis are you making this accusation?"

"When I told Lily what I thought of it, she immediately suspected you, Regulus," Remus answered instead. "However, after noticing how confused even you were, we decided that it was a third party and let James in on the secret."

"And he, for one, was adamant about it not being you." Lily chimed in.

"See? It wasn't me." Regulus turned to Sirius, fuming.

"Well, it wasn't me either," Bryce added, looking at the older Black brother.

"I say I deserve an apology. A well-thought-out apology." Regulus sneered.

"Me too." Bryce took the opportunity to say what he had on his mind.

It hurt him to be accused of doing something he never would've even dreamed of.

"I am not apologizing." Sirius stood his ground.

"Bryce does deserve an apology, Sirius." Lily chimed in.

"Fine," Sirius muttered, not wanting to argue with the helpful redhead. "Sorry, Bryce and-"

"Only Bryce. Not Regulus." Lily added before Sirius could apologize to Regulus.

Sirius looked at Lily, surprised.

"What the Hell did I do?" Regulus muttered.

"Don't act innocent. I heard what you said to him in Potions. You don't deserve an apology." Lily scoffed.

"Don't change the subject now, Evans. Tell me how you found out it was Avery and Mulciber." Regulus rolled his eyes, discreetly changing the subject.

"James and I then spent our entire evening trying to figure out who it could be, and then we heard Avery and Mulciber talking about it. They weren't very secretive," Lily said.

"But, the person who has been poisoned only falls in love with the person that gave them the poison." Regulus pointed out.

"And that would make you our number one suspect then," Bryce added, shutting Regulus up.

"Which is why James figured out that some dark magic might've been mixed in," Remus said.

"Huh, of course." Sirius scoffed. "I owe Prongs so much. Why isn't he here right now? He's the mastermind behind this, after all."

"Geez, you're welcome." Lily rolled her eyes. "But, he's fast asleep. He was really tired after all that searching."

It was true. While Lily helped the boy, the Gryffindor captain took it upon himself to find out the matter as soon as possible.

"So, if she is under a spell, why isn't she head over heels for Regulus? I mean, yeah, she did act different, but she also thought straight for other matters and a love potion usually fucks your entire nervous system up and-"

"This is Jayce we're talking about." Lily stated as a matter of factly. "She's much stronger than a love potion."

"Clearly not strong enough to dodge it." Sirius muttered.