Sirius's Date

The melodious sounds of the Hogwarts choir and Hagrid grunting while hoisting a large Christmas tree echoed through the Great Hall as students rushed to get letters from home and chatter with friends.

The aroma of fresh breakfast filled the air, exciting every student by letting them know that winter has begun.

"All set, would'ya look at that big beaut!" Hagrid boomed, proud of himself for decorating the school with the most important piece of Christmas: the Christmas tree.

"Beautiful, Hagrid!" Professor Flitwick yelled from across the Hall while directing the choir, which sang beautifully.

"Yer little singing gang as well, Professor!" Hagrid laughed as he headed out with a heavy ladder strapped to his back.

"I'm so sad that I'll miss this," Lily exclaimed, poking the cinnamon roll she had placed on her plate to eat.

"You wouldn't if you stayed." Jayce rolled her eyes.

"Lily didn't have a choice; her sister's boyfriend is meeting her family, and her family believes it's right to have Lily present as well," Mary explained. "But, then again, Lily was on the verge of tears when she was packing this morning."

"Just go this once and we can all spend next winter together," Alice said, trying to be positive.

"You're right. Plus, I'll be back in no time. Two weeks isn't too much." Lily shrugged.

"When does the train leave?" Marlene questioned.

"In about an hour," Lily said, looking at her watch.

"Are you going on your own?" Pandora asked. "If you are, we can come to drop you."

"There's absolutely no need for that!" James boomed, making his way over to Jayce's table with Remus and Peter tagging along behind.

"You see, I'll be going to drop Evans off, and Peter will be on the train with her as he's going back home as well. We're all set and right on track!"

Lily let out an exasperated sigh.

"Have you asked Lily if she was okay with it?" Marlene raised an eyebrow.

"Why in the world would she not be okay with it?" James retorted back cockily.

"Nevermind that, where's Sirius?" Lily changed the subject. "I barely see him around."

"He was gonna come with us, but Flame needed help with something last minute, so he went with her," Remus answered.

Jayce's blood boiled.

He was with her right now? Was that why she hadn't seen him in a month? Because he was with her the entire goddamn time?

"Are you guys going to the Celestial Ball?" Alice asked, looking at the Marauders.

"I'm helping Mary and Marlene with the decorations and planning," Remus informed her.

"I'm going all bloody alone because Evans decided to leave me to wither." James dramatically exclaimed.

"Oh, shut it." Lily rolled her eyes, taking a bite of the cinnamon roll she had been playing around with.

"Does anyone have dates?" Pandora asked.

"Why're you asking that now? It's not like you don't have a date." Mary chuckled. "And there's still four more days till the actual Ball."

"You're going with Lovegood, huh?" Peter snickered.

"He's weird, but not weirder than you, Pettigrew." Jayce mocked the small guy, who turned red.