James And Lily Potter

"All I can say is that James Potter won in life."

"Shut up."

"You're the one in a wedding dress, did I lie?"

"Can you believe it's finally here? Lily is getting married!" Alice exclaimed, her eyes glistening with excitement.

Jayce winked at Lily and teased, "James is one lucky guy to marry you, Lily. But don't worry, we won't let him escape if he ever tries to leave."

Lily giggled, feeling a mix of nerves and joy. "Thank you both for being here with me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Amid the laughter and joy, there was a bittersweet feeling, knowing that their happiness was juxtaposed against the backdrop of a war that had brought pain and sorrow to so many.

Alice waved her wand dramatically and said, "Let's make sure Lily looks like the most beautiful bride in the history of weddings!"

Jayce chimed in, "No pressure, Lily, but we need to create a legendary wedding here."

The trio burst into laughter, and Lily's nerves eased as the warmth of their friendship enveloped her. They had been through so much together, and no war could ever change the bond they shared.

Even though neither of them mentioned it, they deeply missed the people that should've been in the room with Lily, helping her get ready for her big day.

As they started to fix their own outfits and makeup for a few minutes, the room fell silent as the three women were trapped in their own thoughts.

Marlene would've made such a fuss about how Lily styled her dress.

Dorcas would've helped her create a hairstyle that would perfectly suit her red locks.

Mary would've been shedding tears while telling the others not to cry on such a beautiful day.

Euphemia Potter would've been thrilled to help the girl her son loves get ready for their wedding.

But, they weren't here to do any of that.

They had left them.

Lily suddenly sat at her vanity, tears welling up in her eyes as she looked at a picture of all of them together that she brought with her everywhere.

They were her sisters, her confidantes, and her pillars of support through every hardship.

Jayce noticed Lily's sudden change in behavior and immediately rushed to her side, embracing her tightly. "I miss them too, Lily," Jayce whispered, her voice choked with emotion.

Alice's eyes glistened with tears as well. "They were supposed to be here with us, getting you ready and laughing with us. It's not fair," She said, her voice trembling.

Lily clung to her friends, finding solace in their shared grief. "I can't believe they're gone," She said, her voice breaking. "They should be here, celebrating with us."

"They would have been so happy for you, Red," Jayce rubbed Lily's back.

"They loved you like family." Alice nodded, her voice was soft with sadness. "They would have wanted us to celebrate and find happiness, even in the midst of this war."

As the three women held each other, they felt the presence of Marlene, Mary, and Dorcas in their hearts.

Their memories were alive in the stories they shared, the inside jokes that made them laugh through tears, and the support that had held them together in the darkest of times.