Just Kiss Me Already

The following morning, Jayce and Pandora found themselves standing before the imposing doors of the Great Hall, bracing for the inevitable confrontation that awaited them inside.

Jayce's mind was a mosaic of conflicting emotions, dominated by the looming prospect of facing Lily's disappointment.

"Worried about Evans?" Pandora arched an eyebrow, nudging open the grand doors.

"You read my mind," Jayce chuckled, making her way into the lavish hall.

"You'll be fine," Pandora assured her, fanning herself with nonchalance.

"Severus called her a Mudblood, and she hasn't spoken to him since." Jayce sighed. "Doubt she'll forgive me after I beat the life out of someone."

"And that someone happened to be the guy who called her that," Pandora replied as they approached their friends at the table, including Mary, Marlene, Alice, and Lily.

"I still beat him up. I guess I could apologize, but I don't see him or those two goons anywhere," Jayce commented, annoyance evident as she removed her green tie.

"What're you doing? We have classes after breakfast," Pandora reminded her.

"I know, but this tie is a pain," Jayce groaned, stuffing the tie into her pants' pockets.

The morning greetings unfolded, and Jayce directed her attention to Lily, seated across from her, who had noticed her presence but feigned indifference, engrossed in a book.

"So, um, how was your night?" Marlene ventured, gesturing subtly towards Lily.

"It was good," Jayce nodded, attempting to make eye contact with Lily.

"Evans, listen." Finally, Lily set her book down and met Jayce's gaze.

"I'm sorry. I know what I did was wrong. I don't know what took over me, I just suddenly felt so angry. But, that doesn't excuse my rude behavior. I'll go apologize to Severus and make it up-"

"Don't do that," Lily interrupted. "I don't want you to add more to your already packed schedule just to make me forgive you. You realized your mistake, and that's all that matters. Plus, he deserved it anyway," she mumbled the last part.

"Oh, thank Salazar," Jayce relaxed. She felt sorry, but not enough to go apologize to Severus.

"Evans, if you could forgive Jayce this easily, why don't you forgive Sev-" Pandora started, but was swiftly cut off.

"NO!" The collective response from everyone at the table was vehement.

"Snape called her a racial slur. Jayce beat someone up for Lily. There's a clear difference, and Severus should not be forgiven," Marlene explained.

"I'm just surprised no one's crowding around us to question Jayce on why she raged last night," Mary remarked. "I remember when I threw a Bludger at this guy that got on my nerves, and I was surrounded by everyone for at least a week."

"That's because you're a goody-two-shoes, and fights are normal for Jayce, so everyone's used to her beefing with other people," Marlene proudly declared.

"What class do you guys have after this?" Lily changed the subject, uncomfortable discussing violent encounters.

"Free period," Mary clicked her tongue.

"History," Marlene and Alice groaned.

"Care of Magical Creatures," Pandora replied.

"Transfiguration," Jayce said. "What about you, Evans?"