Losing Someone I Never Had

"Andromeda. It's about Andromeda."

Jayce chuckled and looked at the two sisters in confusion.

"What about her?"

"Do you remember when I visited you at the beginning of the semester?" Narcissa spoke this time.

"Yeah." Jayce nodded.

Narcissa and Bellatrix exchanged glances.

"I asked you to find out about Andromeda's whereabouts," Narcissa reminded her.

"Wait a minute," Jayce remembered and stepped back a little. "I thought it was supposed to be a secret from Bellatrix." She whispered the last bit.

"Oh, please. I initiated the entire thing," Bellatrix stepped forward.

"What?"

"Did you do what we asked you to do?" Bellatrix pushed the subject further. "Did you befriend Sirius to get the information out of him?"

"Wait just a second. What is happening?" Jayce's eyebrows furrowed. "I thought you wanted to know where Andy lived so you could visit her. Is this not what you were planning on doing?"

"Cissy, you lied to Jayce?" Bellatrix gasped, almost mockingly.

"Can both of you just stop it and tell me what the fuck I'm supposed to know because I'm really confused right now." Jayce frowned.

"I asked you to find out Andromeda's whereabouts so-"

"So that we can pay a visit and put an end to the humiliation they caused," Bellatrix finished for Narcissa.

"Put an end to the humiliation?" Jayce slowly repeated Bellatrix's words before realizing what they were implying.

"You can't be serious; you're planning on-"

"Finishing her, that little Mudblood, and the monstrosity that they've created," Bellatrix chuckled, almost as if it were normal to kill your own sister and her family.

Jayce's mind was racing. She couldn't panic in front of them. She knew them. But, unfortunately for them, they weren't the only ones who were in Slytherin. She knew exactly what to do to get them off her back. And off of Andromeda's back as well.

She almost cursed at herself for even believing Narcissa in the first place.

"Fair enough. After all, imagine having the audacity to cut ties with a house as noble as the house of Black." Jayce fixed a smirk on her face.

"Should've known you would say that given you're going to marry into that family," Bellatrix grinned.

"So, how about it?" Narcissa asked. "Have you gotten her address? Did that filthy Sirius Black let you in on it?"

"I have Black wrapped around my finger like a little snake," Jayce snickered.

"And has he given in?" Narcissa asked, waiting for the answer she needed and wanted.

"Despite him being an easy target for me, he is surrounded by those three other idiots, who make it seem almost impossible to get some time alone with him," Jayce rolled her eyes.

"So, you still don't know?" Bellatrix groaned.

"No." Jayce chuckled. "I was close, though. I think he's being cautious. I don't think I can continue this anymore." She shrugged, looking at the Black sisters.

"He clearly isn't going to give in, and I can't pretend to like his company anymore."

"Are you sure you can't try for a bit longer?" Narcissa asked.