QUIBITCH

Platform nine and three-quarters was something Jayce grew up hearing about. So, when it was time for her to enter the Hogwarts Express to start her first year at Hogwarts, it wasn't much of a surprise to say that she knew what she was doing.

Quidditch, classes, Slytherin- she had her whole life set.

Jayce wasn't one to let others decide what she wanted to do, especially not in life.

She wasn't one to get influenced, she was one to get inspired.

And so when she learned that Bellatrix Black, Andromeda Black, and Narcissa Black were all sorted into Slytherin- she wasn't... inspired.

But, when she realized that she had centuries of wealth and importance waiting for her once she came of age, she knew what she had to do.

Everyone that led the Selwyn household before was in Slytherin.

A part of her wanted to... break free and challenge those ideals, but another part of her desperately wanted the power. And when that same power was willing to become hers so easily if she just... achieved a few things, then so be it.

And she wasn't one to work hard. She worked smarter. She was stronger, she was... better. She was better.

Slytherin was better.

"Study well and perform extraordinarily in whatever you do." Mrs. Selwyn told her eleven-year-old daughter.

"And make sure you stay close with the right kinds of people." Her father added.

"Stay away from the wrong kinds of people as well, dear." Her mother said. "Unfortunately, Dumbledore didn't know the meaning of a school for magical children."

"I'll be fine." Young Jayce assured her parents. "I already know people at Hogwarts, don't worry."

"She's right, Lucinda Talkalot, Narcissa, Bellatrix, and Andromeda Black will be there as well." Her mother said with a sigh of relief.

"And Evan Rosier, Pandora and Lucius Malfoy, and Sirius Black." Her father added.

"Sirius Black is fifty-fifty." Her mother commented. "He's been a little odd growing up."

"Trust me, I know." Jayce rolled her eyes. "I'm old enough to know who I'm supposed to associate myself with and who not."

"Very well, then." Her father cleared his throat. "Off you go."

"Make us proud, Jayce." Her mother added.

"I will." Jayce nodded with confidence.

As the train chuffed, Jayce waved goodbye to her parents before pushing her trolley inside the train.

The train was crowded as expected, but luckily, Jayce managed to stuff her trolley somewhere with the other trolleys before trying to find a place for herself to sit.

All she had to do now was to find the train compartment that either consisted of the people she already knew or people that seemed like her. The right people.

Confidently, she made her way through the aisles, checking every compartment to see which one caught her attention.

Some were filled with all seventh-years, or a group of older students that seemed uninterested in having a first-year joining them.

Then, she peeked into a compartment full of girls that seemed alright.

"I can't wait to get sorted into my house, I just know I'll be in the best one." The blonde girl exclaimed to the others.