Calm Before The Storm

Snow was falling gracefully on the grounds of Hogwarts.

The delicate snowflake that formed in mid-air was ready to descend and melt on the ground until- WHAM!

A fast broom swept past, its rider's grey-blue eyes focused on the golden ball that was faster than light.

He had to catch it, he had to make sure his team won- The snitch disappeared.

Letting out a frustrated sigh, Regulus turned around to try to find it again, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder.

"Reg, let's try what we practiced last time," Jayce told her Seeker.

"But, it's difficult to pull off." Regulus groaned.

"We're in the lead by an exact one hundred and fifty points. Your goal must be to distract Mary while keeping an eye on the snitch and catch it once it's near you. Don't chase the snitch, let it come to you." Jayce instructed him.

"Yes, captain." Regulus nodded as Jayce patted his back before flying away to catch a Quaffle to score.

It was the final match of the season and Gryffindor and Slytherin were on their edge as both teams pushed to win.

Slytherin was ahead of Gryffindor, but if Gryffindor caught the snitch, it would lead to problems-

"I CAUGHT IT!" Mary MacDonald roared, lifting her hand up in the air to show the golden snitch in her grasp.

"Fuck." Regulus cursed.

They could've won if he played properly.

A roar of cheers rang through the Gryffindor tower as everyone rushed to congratulate the winners.

Jayce huffed, upset at the fact that their winning streak had finally come to an end. She was happy for her friends because they deserved the win, but the Slytherins had also been practicing just as hard.

Regardless of how she was feeling, the Gryffindors were too busy celebrating and she decided to let them have the win.

But, Madam Hooch had other plans.

"Hold it, everyone!" She rushed to the middle of the field, preventing any early celebrations.

"What is it, Professor? We've won!" James hollered.

"No, you haven't, Mr. Potter." Madam Hooch sighed as the Slytherin team members looked up with hope.

"Jayce, I'm so sorry-"

"Reg, it's okay." Jayce smiled up at the boy. "We played well. Don't worry about it."

"May I see the captains of both teams?" Madam Hooch pointed at James and Jayce, who exchanged confused glances before following Hooch into the locker room, leaving a confused crowd behind.

"Professor, what's holding us back? We clearly won." James protested.

"Your team may have caught the snitch, Mr. Potter. But, you are both tied." Madam Hooch revealed.

Jayce and James looked at each other, bewildered.

This has never happened before.

"So, what does that mean then? Who would be the winners?" Jayce asked.

"No one as of now." Madam Hooch informed them. "Simply because we're going to have to plan a rematch."

"That's not fair, my Seeker caught the snitch fair and square." James stood his ground.

"Yeah, but the rest of my team earned points with our hard work!" Jayce stepped up.

"Which is exactly why a rematch is necessary." Madam Hooch stated. "Now, I don't know how you're going to do it, but you're going to have to discuss with your teammates and come up with a date for the rematch."