Love Triangle

Six years.

That was the number of years Jayce had been in this castle, and yet, here she was, trying to find her Ancient Runes classroom.

Pacing around the seventh floor, Jayce thought hard about where her classroom could be located. She couldn't ask her friends as none of them had the same class as her- The sound of something heavy opening interrupted her thoughts. She turned to look at the wall she had been pacing back and forth in front of and saw that it had somehow opened, revealing a small door. She had seen Dumbledore walk around here a lot of times and wondered what he was doing.

Letting her curiosity get the best of her, Jayce pushed open the door and walked in. The inside wasn't magnificent. It was a plain room with no windows and a few pieces of parchment lying around here and there.

But, there was more to it.

There, in the middle of the gigantic, plain room, was a large rectangular box, almost resembling a Muggle phone booth.

Jayce moved closer to the machine, her hand caressing the strong metal of the booth as her eyes peered in.

There wasn't anything inside except for a clock and a calendar. But, that wasn't the only weird thing. The clock was not moving. Pursing her lips in confusion, Jayce's hand enveloped the handle of the booth, ready to enter inside and find out for herself what this machine was.

"Ms. Selwyn?" Jayce pulled her hand away from the booth's handle and whipped around, only to find Albus Dumbledore standing in front of her.

"Professor Dumbledore, hello," Jayce immediately greeted him. "What're you doing here?"

"I should be the one to ask you that, Ms. Selwyn," Dumbledore remained in his position as Jayce walked towards him.

"I was trying to find my classroom," Jayce explained. "But, then suddenly, this door opened, and I walked in to see what it was. And then, I saw this machine and completely forgot that I had a class to attend."

"Curiosity isn't a bad thing," Dumbledore chuckled. "But, I suggest you get to your class now."

"Yes, of course," Jayce nodded, brushing past the older man. Then, she remembered the phone booth thing. "But, Professor, I must ask you something. What is that?" She said, pointing at the machine.

"Ah," Dumbledore heaved a sigh. "Have you heard of time turners, Ms. Selwyn?"

Despite not knowing the Slytherin well enough, he knew her well to know that she wasn't one to let go of things easily.

"Yeah, they let you go back in time, right?" Jayce answered, gaining interest.

"Yes. But, they have sheer consequences. They change the present and imprison you in the time that you go to. They're very dangerous," Dumbledore explained.

"So, is that a time turner or something?" Jayce raised an eyebrow. She had read about time turners before, but they usually resembled accessories, not a whole ass phone booth.

"Yes and no," Dumbledore said. "You see, this was specially made for one of my friends. He needed to time travel back and forth without being stuck in one time period, so intelligently, he started using this time-traveling machine."

"So, this is a time turner, but better?"

"You could say that," Dumbledore chuckled. "But, just as dangerous as well. One wrong move and you could cease to exist."

"Oh," That was all Jayce could say.

Who in the world was using this machine, then?

"But, I am curious as per how you got in this room, Ms. Selwyn," Dumbledore suddenly brought up.