The Traitor

"We buried the bodies together in Godric's Hollow, it was the closest area we could find," Moody told McGonagall, who clasped a hand to her mouth.

Something had happened last night.

Something important enough that Dumbledore himself along with the other professors came to the new safehouse, which was Frank's house.

"I don't believe it." Hagrid shook his head in disbelief, tears threatening to fall.

"Open your eyes, Hagrid, this is war." Flitwick patted the giant's leg, hoping to provide some comfort and strength.

As the older members discussed in hushed whispers, more of the Order members started to join them.

Everything had been calm for a while.

Jayce went back after spending a few hours with Sirius and continued to relay important information and though it wasn't consistent, the death toll of the Order members had significantly decreased.

Kylian went to Scotland to gather more information to relay and Pandora went back to wherever Xenophilius was doing his work.

The missions continued and Sirius continued to go on almost all of them.

Everything almost felt like a routine.

Up until last night.

Hearing all the commotion, Remus, James, Peter, Lily, and some of the other members that had been sleeping, groggily walked downstairs.

Upon walking down, they immediately saw a crying Alice being held by Frank, who looked like he was about to lose it anytime soon too.

Moody and Dumbledore were dead-center in the living room, discussing something with the older members.

"What's going on?" Lily yawned, still half asleep.

"Someone died last night." Aberforth, who seemed like he had also just got there, responded.

Everyone was wide awake now.

James, especially, was on edge, fearing that the person who died might be Sirius.

"They were severely injured, I couldn't even recognize the two of them upon witnessing their bodies." Shacklebolt shook his head.

James relaxed.

Sirius never went on joint missions after Jayce left. He was a lone wolf. He still worked for the Order, but he never did anything with anyone. He just went off on his own.

So, if he was the one that died, they would've only found one body.

But, who were the people that actually died?

"Who died?" Peter asked, looking around for anyone that was willing to answer.

Moody, Dumbledore, Shacklebolt, and McGonagall ignored him and continued to talk, their voices were hushed and their expressions were tense.

Suddenly, Remus pieced things together.

"Wait, the only people-" Remus's eyes widened and he couldn't finish his sentence as his thoughts were faster than his words.

Fuck.

Could it be?

Seeing Alice's crying figure and Frank's anxious behavior- everything was starting to make sense.

Lily, noticing Remus's expression, grabbed James's wrist in a panic.

"Lils, what's wrong?" James turned around, checking Lily's expression to see what was bothering her.