Bellatrix Lestrange

"Don't waste my time, Half-blood." A feminine voice echoed through the chamber. "Do you plan on recruiting anymore?"

"No." Severus Snape answered, stepping up to the woman.

"And why not?" She snapped, examining her crooked wand with one hand while the other twirled her curly hair.

"We believe that recruiting those with only the utmost sense of secrecy and dedication will be beneficial," Severus stated.

"I see why the Dark Lord took such a liking to you, despite your..." The lady trailed off, eyeing Severus head to toe. "Impurity."

"Bellatrix," Evan Rosier joined Severus. "When will we be able to meet the Dark Lord? We are ready to join him by his side."

Bellatrix let out a shrill laugh.

"He meets you when he wants to, Rosier." She shooed him away, her eyes scanning every person in the room.

"Was there anyone else you're expecting?" Mulciber asked.

"Perhaps." Bellatrix raised her head, squinting her eyes at Evan.

"Well, this is it, Bellatrix," Avery informed. "If there's anyone else you were expecting, clearly, they weren't a good fit."

"I still don't know how Dumbledore let you in." A new recruit, Barty Crouch Jr, walked over to Bellatrix. "I'm sure he knows you're working with the Dark Lord, yet, he still let you in."

"Dumbledore's a fool." Bellatrix taunted before eyeing the younger boy with a distasteful glint in her eyes. "Ravenclaw, is it?"

"Yes, I-"

"He's the son of-"

"Yes, I am aware." Bellatrix rolled her eyes, clearly not happy with the group of people present in front of her. "I'm surprised Dumbledore hasn't been keeping an eye on-"

"He knows there's an organization for the Dark Lord at Hogwarts. He's told everyone to keep an eye out." Regulus quietly spoke.

"Well, he hasn't found you specifically, has he?" Bellatrix grinned. "But, that isn't what I'm here for."

"Here's where it gets good," Avery mumbled.

"To pledge your everlasting loyalty, you're going to have to... prove it." Bellatrix grazed her clothed wrist. "It's the first step in order to meet the Dark Lord." She tugged at her sleeve, pulling it above to expose the dark tattoo painted on her wrist.

"The Dark Mark," Severus said, almost as if in a trance.

"Yes." Bellatrix caressed the mark gently. "And I was sent here today for that exact reason."

"I thought the Dark Lord himself would give us-"

"Am I not good enough for you?!" Bellatrix shouted, making everyone in the room flinch.

"That's not what he meant." Evan was quick to jump in.

"If you have no interest in me giving you your Dark Mark, you're free to leave." Bellatrix scoffed. "And never return, of course."

"He meant no harm," Evan added, glaring at Barty Crouch Jr.

"If you truly mean it," Bellatrix pushed her curly locks out of the way. "Why don't you be the first to get one, Crouch?"

Barty Crouch Jr hesitated for a moment, glancing around the dimly lit chamber at his fellow aspiring Death Eaters. The room was filled with an air of tension and anticipation, the gravity of the moment settling over them.