James Potter And Vernon Dursley

If anyone had told James Fleamont Potter that he would be having tea with Muggles in a dainty house in the Muggle world, he would laugh in their face.

James didn't mind Muggles, but he didn't see a reason for him to mingle with them.

However, he should've thought that it was bound to happen the moment Lily Evans decided on being his girlfriend.

So, James Potter was indeed about to have tea with Lily, Lily's Muggle sister, and brother-in-law. Mingling.

As they approached the neatly trimmed lawn and the pristine white house, Lily's heart raced with a mix of excitement and apprehension.

It had been a while since Lily and Jayce got discharged from the hospital, but Moody advised them to lay low for a bit.

And so, Lily got creative.

She had not seen her sister in a while, and she hoped this visit would help mend the strained relationship between them. Not to mention, she could finally introduce James to her family.

Her parents were in the hospital due to suffering from Alzheimer's, therefore they couldn't make it.

But, Lily wasn't worried about that.

Her parents had heard of James and from what they had heard and seen, they absolutely loved the guy.

Her sister was the problem.

Things weren't good between them. Especially not after Petunia refused to have Lily as her maid of honor and just sent a mere invitation, hoping her sister wouldn't even show up.

But, Lily was better than Petunia.

Lily was nervous. This might be her only chance at getting her sister to like James, who was just as important now.

James, on the other hand, was determined to make a good impression.

He wore his best outfit, combed his unruly hair as much as he could, and even practiced his most charming smile in the mirror.

Lily found his efforts amusing and endearing, assuring him that being himself was all that mattered.

After all, what was James Potter without his untamable hair, crooked glasses, and that infamous pearly smile?

The door opened, and Petunia, a tall, slender woman with a slightly pinched expression, greeted them with a forced smile.

Vernon, a portly man with a bushy mustache, stood behind her, eyeing James with suspicion. Lily hugged her sister warmly, hoping to dispel any tension that lingered between them.

"Petunia, Vernon, this is James," Lily introduced, her voice filled with hope.

Vernon nodded curtly, "Pleasure to meet you."

James extended his hand and flashed his best smile, "Likewise."

Petunia's lips tightened as she greeted James with a restrained "Hello."

A faint red decorated the older sister's cheeks, which didn't go unnoticed by Lily, but the latter would rather have her sister blushing than calling her boyfriend names.

They all gathered in the living room, where Lily tried to steer the conversation away from anything magical, knowing it made her sister uncomfortable.

James engaged in small talk, discussing the weather and other mundane topics. Topics that he knew Muggles liked.

However, the more James spoke, the more Vernon's frown deepened. For no absolute reason.

As they shared tea and biscuits, Vernon's unease became increasingly apparent. He shot disapproving glances at James every now and then, clearly uncomfortable in the presence of a wizard.