You're So Foxy

Not a lot happened after the Potters' death.

The group had spent another day at the Potter Manor to get their thoughts together before going back to Hogwarts.

Sirius and James were still mourning, but they were much better now. They were eating and speaking well, but one could totally see the emptiness in their eyes. But, it was natural, the boys had just lost their parents.

As for Peter, he didn't utter a word about what had happened on the way back to the Potter Manor and lied, saying that he bumped into an old friend.

Nonetheless, things were slowly going back to being normal.

It was lucky that the causes of death were diseases and not homicides because then, it would be a whole new different story.

The Triwizard Tournament was slowly coming to an end and Jayce managed to find proper seats to actually watch her friend finish the final task this time.

Yeah, the final task was happening already.

Things were... progressing too quickly.

"Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! Tied in first place, with eighty-five points each - Mr. Kylian Marshall from Hogwarts school and Mr. Haru Choi from Durmstrang!" The cheers and applause sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In second and final place as of now, with eighty points - Ms. Blaze Amour, of the Beauxbatons Institute!" More applause.

The towering hedges cast black shadows across the path, and, whether because they were so tall and thick or because they had been enchanted, the sound of the surrounding crowd was silenced by the moment.

Black solids (maybe crystals?) formed in front of the champions.

"What do you think that's for?" Lily whispered to Jayce.

"No idea, Dumbledore didn't explain what this task would be," Jayce responded back.

"At least it's a good distraction for the boys," Lily said, gesturing to Sirius and James.

James and Sirius weren't sad or anything, but it did take a lot for Remus, Lily, and Jayce to convince them to join them to watch the game.

Kylian needed the support more than ever.

So, determined to get the best seats, Jayce patrolled the best seats to reserve them for all eleven of them.

Jayce, James, Sirius, Remus, Peter, Lily, Marlene, Mary, Frank, Alice, and Mary were all seated together in a row, excited for the task to begin.

Kylian had been so hard to get a hold of recently, and rightfully so since he was too busy prepping for the task.

"You got your bets on Kylian?" Jayce whispered to Sirius, who shrugged.

"I mean, I'd want him to win, doll," Sirius said. "But, I'm happy as long as Choi doesn't win."

"Kylian's got this one in the bag," Remus assured them. "Hogwarts is taking the cup home."

Suddenly, the sky darkened and the breezy Spring air turned cold, making even the champions look around, confused.

"Is this part of the task?" James asked, looking around.

"Why'd it get so gloomy all of a sudden?"

As confused murmurs filled the audience, Dumbledore silenced everyone with a blast of white light from his wand.