Sirius's Girlfriend

The Great Hall buzzed with the usual morning chatter as students and professors enjoyed their breakfast. James glanced around, his eyes searching for Sirius amidst the sea of students.

"Do you know where Sirius is?" he asked Remus, who sat across from him, a hint of concern in his voice.

"No," Peter replied before taking a sip of his pumpkin juice. "Haven't seen him since last night."

"I hope he's okay," Remus added, his gaze wandering as if expecting Sirius to walk in any moment.

"He's with Selwyn, right? Of course, he'll be okay," Lily chimed in, her optimism evident as she sat next to Remus.

"Do Sirius and Jayce often disappear like this?"

James raised an eyebrow at Mary's question.

"Not that I know of," James responded, shaking his head.

Marlene interjected, dispelling any budding rumors. "Oh, shut it. Those two are not secretly seeing each other. Trust me, I'd know."

Her attention shifted as a familiar blonde figure approached.

"Hope I can join you," Pandora said, taking a seat next to Marlene.

"Of course!" Mary exclaimed.

"More girls for the win!" Pandora chuckled, settling in.

"What're you lot talking about?" Pandora inquired.

"Selwyn and Sirius," Alice, who had quietly joined the conversation, replied.

"And how they might be seeing each other," Frank, Alice's boyfriend, added.

"Ah, it makes sense. She wasn't in our dorm last night," Pandora noted, wiggling her eyebrows.

"That's on us," Remus admitted. "She hung out with us for most of the night."

Marlene's attention shifted abruptly, and she dropped her muffin, startling everyone.

All eyes turned to the entrance as Sirius and Jayce confidently walked in, hand in hand.

The Great Hall fell into a stunned silence as the duo approached their friends.

"What in the bloody hell is that?" James finally broke the silence.

Sirius and Jayce, however, seemed unfazed by the attention. Sirius smirked as he observed the unusually large gathering of their friend group.

"Is it just me, or does our friend group seem gigantic right now?" Sirius chuckled.

"It's not just you," Jayce responded, taking a seat next to Marlene, with Sirius on her other side.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Sirius raised an eyebrow, noticing the silence.

"What's going on between you two?" Remus's voice trailed off.

"What about us?" Sirius asked casually, a croissant in his mouth.

"Why were you holding hands?" Peter queried, echoing the unspoken curiosity of everyone in the room.

"Can't I hold my girl's hand?" Sirius raised an eyebrow.

"Girl?" Marlene whispered, the word hanging in the air.

"Yeah," Jayce confirmed, diving into her food nonchalantly. "Aren't you going to eat?"

James signaled for Sirius to clarify, receiving a smirk and a wink in response. Jayce and Sirius were using his idea.