Red Is Your Color

"So, you're telling me that Regulus Black likes me?" Jayce gaped upon hearing the information Sirius had spilled.

"Unfortunately! I only found out when I was trying to figure out what was happening, and he just goes, 'stay away from Jayce, she's my fiancée!' and then starts crying about how he thinks all his problems are linked to me." Sirius rolled his eyes. "Unbelievable!"

"I'm going to have a talk with him then," Jayce muttered, taken aback by the new information.

"Do it as soon as possible," Sirius encouraged her.

Jayce and Sirius were in Hogsmeade, just going on a walk together as the snow started to slowly melt. With Gryffindor's first match coming up tomorrow, Jayce decided that a little outing would help calm Sirius's nerves.

"I'm just scared that if I do that, Regulus is gonna tell his parents, and they'll tell mine, and all our efforts at the beginning of the year to get Bruno off my back would go in vain," Jayce explained.

"That's another point too. Maybe try not to encourage him," Sirius suggested instead.

"Ugh, I hate our families so much," Jayce groaned.

"We should pull an Andromeda and just leave," Sirius joked.

"Very funny," Jayce snorted. "I don't know how she's a Slytherin; that girl had no plan whatsoever and just left with that Tonks guy. I could never do that."

"Yeah, you're gonna marry Regulus, get your money—"

Jayce shot Sirius a death glare.

"We'll think of the future when it arrives. For now, focus on your Quidditch match and graduating from Hogwarts," Jayce rolled her eyes.

"No, but let me just tell you—" Sirius stopped himself. "Andromeda is THRIVING. Sure, they had a rough start, but both of them are happy and stable, and oh my God, Tonksie's birthday is in three months."

Jayce's jaw dropped.

"No way!" Jayce exclaimed.

She had never met the Tonks baby in her life, but she would do anything to see a mini Andromeda.

"I know. I'm planning on visiting soon," Sirius informed her as they continued to walk on the crunchy snow. "I wanna take you with me."

Jayce's eyes widened, and her lips harbored a smile.

"I'd love to come. Not only to see Tonks, but to apologize for my immature behavior back when I said some things to Tonks guy," she told him.

"That Tonks guy has a name," Sirius laughed. "Ted Tonks."

"It has such a Muggle vibe to it," Jayce scrunched her nose up.

"Well, he is a Muggleborn," Sirius said.

"I'll come with you whenever you're going to see them," Jayce smiled. "But, where do they live? Is it far?"

By this point, Jayce had completely forgotten about Narcissa's request at the beginning of the year to befriend Sirius to get some information on Andromeda. Now, she was just genuinely curious and interested in how her childhood friend was doing.

"It's not far. But, it isn't in a Muggle area, so you can be comfortable," Sirius told her.

"I need the address, Siri," Jayce demanded.

"To be frank, I actually don't know the address. I just Apparate there," Sirius rubbed the nape of his neck in embarrassment.

"What an idiot," Jayce chuckled.