Alice And Frank

1981

Are we moving too fast?

Alice and Frank were happy.

In a quiet cottage nestled deep within the rolling hills, Alice and Frank Longbottom found themselves in the embrace of an unexpected calmness.

Their cottage was a cozy haven, its walls adorned with delicate paintings and colorful mobiles that swayed gently in the breeze from the open windows.

The aroma of freshly baked bread wafted from the kitchen, where Frank was meticulously kneading the dough while Alice playfully mimicked animal sounds to young Neville, who was seated on a soft blanket in the center of the living room.

Neville was a picture of innocence, his wide eyes brimming with curiosity as he reached out chubby fingers to grasp at the world around him. His parents' laughter was a symphony that filled the room, a harmony of love and joy that resonated deep within their hearts.

Alice would often scoop Neville into her arms, planting soft kisses on his cheeks and whispering sweet promises of protection and unwavering love. As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow through the windows, the Longbottoms settled onto a plush sofa.

Neville, nestled in the crook of Alice's arm, held a brightly colored rattle that he shook with delighted gurgles. Frank rested his arm around Alice, drawing her close, their fingers intertwining in a silent affirmation of their unity in the face of adversity.

"I can't believe how quickly he's growing," Alice sighed, her gaze fixed on Neville's cherubic face.

"It feels like just yesterday that we were holding him for the first time." Frank nodded, his eyes filled with both pride and a hint of nostalgia.

"He's our little warrior, just like his parents. Strong and brave."

The memories of their time with the Order flashed before them– battles fought, friends lost, and sacrifices made. But at this moment, in their cottage sanctuary, those memories were set aside.

The Longbottoms reveled in the simple pleasure of seeing Neville's toothless grin and feeling his tiny hand wrap around their fingers.

"He's growing so quickly," Frank marveled. "Seems like just yesterday he was in your arms, barely able to open his eyes."

Alice nodded, her eyes fixed on Neville as he curiously inspected a butterfly that had landed nearby. "Time does fly, doesn't it? We have to cherish every moment we have with him."

As the sun began to dip below the horizon, casting a warm, golden hue across the sky, the Longbottoms settled down for dinner.

Neville was safely tucked into his highchair, his wide eyes taking in the sights and sounds around him.

"He's going to be a strong wizard one day," Frank mused, carving a roast chicken.

Alice smiled, passing a plate to Frank. "He will be, but more importantly, he'll be kind and compassionate."

The evening wore on, with the family gathered around the fireplace. Neville was nestled in his father's arms, his tiny fingers wrapped around one of Frank's larger ones. The flames cast a gentle, flickering light, creating an atmosphere of warmth and intimacy.

Alice gazed at the scene, her heart full. "Frank, no matter what happens out there, as long as we're together, we'll face it all."

Frank pressed a kiss to Neville's forehead before turning to Alice. "You're right. Our love and our family are stronger than anything Riddle can throw at us."