xxi

"How are you feeling today?" Fred asked Madeleine as soon as she opened her eyes. "Better" she yawned.

"Do you really mean that?" he asked untangling his arms from her waist.

"I really do, I guess I just needed to talk about it. Been bottling everything up for months so I guess I just exploded" she smiled.

"I'm glad to hear that Frenchie" he said smiling. After the boys left their room, Madeleine, Alicia and Lizzie got ready for their classes and went down to the great hall.

"I'm gonna sit with Harry today if you guys don't mind" she said as she spotted Harry sitting along Hermione and Ron. "It's fine, just remember that we have double potions first and we can't be late" Lizzie said as the blonde walked to the other end of the table.

"Good I thought she would never leave" Alicia said taking a sip of her goblet. "What are you on about?" Fred asked her, his eyebrows scrunched.

"Isn't it obvious? Mads birthday is tomorrow and we need to plan something to surprise her!" Lizzie whispered excitedly.

"But she told us she doesn't want to do anything" Lee rolled his eyes.

"We do't have to throw a party or anything, it could be just us but she's had a rough past couple of months so we though it would be nice to do something for her" Alicia said to the group.

"Well she told me a couple of days ago that she only wants chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream so we could ask the house elves if they could do that" Fred said.

"Sounds good, maybe we can ask them to bake her a cake or something, she does love her cake" George chuckled.

"Okay so this is the plan, we'll convience her to go to bed earlier and then we'll meet in the common room to plan everything, sounds good?" Alicia said and the rest nodded. What the group didn't notice, was that a certain someone was listening to their conversation and planned on crashing their meeting later in the evening.

The rest of the day went as smooth as it could for Madeleine. She focused on her classes and schoolwork and tried pushing away any concerns revolving around her family. When walking through the halls with her friends, she would recieve distatesful comments and glances from the Beauxbatons students but her solution was simple, flipping them off or telling them where they could shove it.

By dinnertime she looked far more cheerful than how she looked in the past weeks. "You look cheerful" George said between bites.

"I don't care if people don't like me, I mean I wasn't born to entertain anyone so I don't give a fuck. Besides, telling people where they can shove it usually lifts up my spirits" she smiled lightly and they chuckled.

"Soooo the big 1 7 is approaching, excited?" Lee asked wiggling his eyebrows. "I don't know," she mumbled, "apparating and legally doing magic sound fun but there isn't really anything beyond that so I don't know".

"Out of all of us you'll be the first to become of age so you can legally get us fire whiskey now" George grinned.

"It's not like that will stop you from getting it ilegally" she snickered and went back to eating. She silently observed their friends antics and realized one thing. They were her family, they were all she needed and she knew that they wouldn't leave her. Not now, not ever.