xcvii

Mature content, viewer discretion advised.

Patience had never been Madeleine Archambeau's and everyone around her knew it. Don't get her wrong, when said thing revolved around others she didn't really mind, like when she tutored Neville, Clotilde and Adrian in potions even though they were definitely slower than her. Or when Teddy asked the same questions over and over again she always looked at him lovingly and answered kindly for the hundredth time. Tricky thing was, she never had patience with herself. She didn't like mistakes and avoided them as much as she could. It was no secret that the blonde girl pushed herself to be the best and excel in everything, hence why she was top of her class from her first year in Beauxbatons to her seventh year at Hogwarts. When Fred would laugh at her antics Madeleine always said "I want to be great, or nothing!" before proceeding to whack the back of his head. 

"Mads, love wake up," Fred shook her body gently after he had woken up.

"No, shut up," she grumbled and flipped around, hiding her face with the pillows unbeknownst to the red stain on her side of the bed.

"You got your period angel."

"That can't be possible Fred," she muttered and sat straight, gaze flying to see the red stain once she felt the pain on her lower stomach. "Sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" Fred frowned and noticed that she didn't move her eyes from the spot.

"For staining the bedsheets," she said quietly.

"Don't be stupid love, it's nothing and it's normal so why don't you go and get cleaned up while I sort this out," he stroked her knuckles with his thumb.

Fred noticed that throughout Sunday roast, Madeleine was unsually quiet but decided best not to push the subject until they were both home. He knew her like the back of his hand and he knew exactly what she was thinking the moment she curled up on the couch, her gaze fixated on the balcony's glass door from where the faint sunset could be seen.

"Love, we started trying two weeks ago," he took her hand. "Don't beat yourself up."

"I know but if I just got my period then it means that we had sex while I was ovulating and it didn't happen," she snapped.

"We have to be patient, it wasn't going to happen in a night darling."

"I don't like waiting and you know it," she glared at him. "All my life I've been the best in everything, quite literally. The only thing that I did which didn't work the first time I tried was my fucking patronus but if I would have thought about the thing I wanted to actually think, then I would have casted it the first time I tried the spell."

"That was a fun night," Fred chuckled. "I helped you cast that."

"You only helped me to change the memory I was thinking about, I did the wand movement and said the incantation perfectly but that's not the point," she huffed. "I get things right the first time I fucking do them so I don't understand why I'm not bloody pregnant!"

"We'll just have to keep trying angel, it's not like either of us minds the process anyway," Fred shrugged.

"We shouldn't have to keep trying because I should be pregnant but apparently, my body doesn't want to cooperate," she whined.