xxvii

TW: light smut (nothing explicit), mentions of blood, food

"Maddie wake up" Fred whispered in the sleeping girl's ear.

"No fuck off" she grumbled in her sleep.

"Please wake up Mads we need your help"

"Why don't we just pick her up and take her Georgie"

"That's called kidnapping you know?" George lifted his brows at Fred.

"Well we were going to end up in prison one way or another so I'm just gonna take her" Fred grinned picking a sleeping Maddie bridal style and descending down the stairs.

"We are not going to end up locked up Fred" George said pouring two cups of tea and one of strong black coffee.

"Yeah right, why do you think mum has 'prison' on the clock? It surely isn't for Percy" Fred laughed.

"Got a point there" George chuckled.

They tried shaking her body to wake her up but it was no use so they had to use plan B. George took the coffee cup and tilted it so the smell could reach her nose. Fred parted her lips slightly using his thumb as his twin got some of the black liquid into her mouth. They were both snickering when she stirred in her sleep and opened her eyes, staring annoyedly at both redheads.

"Why do you two hate me so much? Why can't people just let me sleep?" she sat straight and took the cup into her hands, downing the contents.

"Because dear Frenchie, we need your help to script a letter" Fred smirked.

"You have hands, why don't you do it?" she huffed.

"Because even though we have hands we don't have your brain" George sat next to her, parchment, ink and quill in hand.

"Fine, but you owe me and after this I'm going back to bed" she took everything from George's hand and sat on the floor in front of the coffee table.

"Have we ever told you you're the most wonderful person we have ever met Mads" Fred chortled and pinched her cheek.

"You haven't told me, but I already know I'm the most wonderful person in the world, now fuck off and let me work" she groaned and began writing the letter.

"Definitely not a morning person" both twins said in unison.

After twenty minutes she had finished writing the blackmail letter to Ludo Bagman and they all sat on the couch rereading it.

"How did you make a blackmail letter sound so good and sophisticated yet so scary at the same time?" George asked her as they were walking to the Owlery.

"Well it's obvious you two have never blackmailed someone before" she rolled her eyes.

"You have?" both of them said.

"A witch never reveals her secrets" she winked.

After their akward encounter with the golden trio and Clotilde in the Owlery, the three sixth years headed back to Gryffindor tower to get some more sleep instead of going to Charms. She was running down the stairs trying to get to Transfiguration on time, when her foot got caught on a broken step. To top it all off, the stairs began switching places again, making her lose her balance and fall. She yelped when a cracking sound came from her ankle and not shortly after, Maddie passed out from the pain.

She woke up in the hospital wing, her friends surrounding her and her ankle feeling sore and tight. She looked down and saw a white cast covering her foot and her eyes went wide.