xxii

TW: mentions of food

I was eating breakfast sitting in between Fred and George when something caught my eye. Ron was opening a large parcel in front of Harry, Hermione and Clotilde. I nudged the twins and pointed with my head to Ron who was now holding a maroon robe with pink lace on the cuffs and a white traditional lacy bonnet.

The three of us were intently watching our siblings' interaction when Clo said pitifully to the younger redhead "They're not for Ginny, they're for you".

"For me? What are you on about?"

"Dress robes" Hermione chuckled and the twins hollered in laughter just as the rest of the table.  Ron's face turned pink as he rapidly stuffed his dress robes back into the parcel.

I went back to drinking my coffee watching Alicia begging Lizzie for the Charms homework when I felt a little tap on my shoulder. I turned around and there was the same first year that handed Ron his mail.

"Miss Archambeau a package also came for you" said the little sandy haired boy struggling to hold a rather large black parcel.

"Oh Nigel dear you don't have to call me that, you can call me Maddie" I smiled taking the box from his hands, "the formalities are not necessary".

"You know my name?" he blushed.

"Yes I know your name, and thank you for dropping this off" I grinned.

"Anytime Maddie" the boy sighed dreamily, his gaze still fixed on me.

"Okay Nigel, you can go now" Fred chuckled and the boy scurried away.

"That poor boy is head over heels for you" George laughed as we walked to charms.

"I think it's sweet I mean he's so cute and sweet and small" I giggled.

"Careful there Frenchie you're of age now and that's illegal" Fred joked.

"Shove off Red, are you jealous of little Nigel?" I said teasingly.

"Jealous, you wish Frenchie" he teased back.

*****

"Are you going to open the box?" Alicia asked eyeing the box curiously as we sat next to each other.

"Nope"

"Why not? I want to see what's inside" she whined.

"I know what it is and I'm not showing because I won't use it"

"Pleaseeee" she pleaded.

"No, now shut up and let me pay attention" I scolded playfully. Professor Flitwick continued talking about the importance of nonverbal spells for the rest of the class but before he dismissed us he said that McGonagall wanted all Gryffindors were to stay in the great hall after lunch.

*****

"Why do we have to meet McGonagall again?" Lee complained.

"Do I look like I fucking know Jordan? I've told you like a hundred times that I don't know why" I said exasperated.

"I just hope it's not boring cause I'm really tired and if it is I will definitely fall asleep" Alicia yawned.

When we stepped into the great hall, the four house tables were pushed to the sides and all the girls were sitting separately from the boys and facing each other. Mr Filch was struggling to handle a giant gramophone earning a couple of dirty glances from Professor McGonagall.