civ

After much waiting and plenty of money spent throughout the months, the dream house was finally ready for Fred and Maddie to move in. It was mid-January which also meant that Madeleine was twenty-four weeks pregnant, so all in all, things were not getting any easier with the growing belly. Despite having the pregnancy pillow Fred had gotten her, she found it way harder to sleep because the babies decided to kick harder than ever when she tried to fall asleep everynight. She couldn't lie on her back anymore because when she did, her heart rate increased. The hot flashes were an absolute hell, especially since it was winter and the temperature contrast only turned her mood bitter. Her back ached all the time and it was becoming harder to breath since the babies were pushing her organs together. Maddie's boobs kept growing which also meant that she had to buy new bras, and she felt hungry every second of every day, but nevertheless all of the struggles, she was happier than ever.

Madeleine's eyes lit up entirely the moment she opened them after apparating outside of the house. Lee and his dad stood on the grass in front beaming widely as she looked at Fred and squealed, flinging her arms around him with tears brimming in her eyes. She looked back at the house as Fred pulled her to his side, making their way over to talk with Lee's dad. The house was absolutely perfect and the blonde stood with a bright smile on her face, not being able to believe entirely that Fred had made it. He had built their dream home where all of their kids would grow up, and on the spot where they first realized they were in love.

"Thank you so much Mr Jordan," Fred shook Lee's dad's hand. "I have no words to describe how grateful I am-"

"How grateful we are," Maddie corrected. "You truly made our dreams come true."

"Nonsense dear, Fred came to me with your dream and I just helped out a bit," Mr Jordan chuckled.

"Always modest he is," Lee rolled his eyes playfully. "Someone in the family had to be because it surely isn't me."

"We'll leave you two be," Mr Jordan smiled and shook Fred and Maddie's hand once more before handing each one a set of keys. "Congratulations."

"Thank you," the couple smiled.

"I'll be at your place with Ali, George and Liz to help you pack it all up," Lee grinned and disapparated after his dad.

"I still can't believe it's actually ours," Maddie whispered as they walked hand in hand through the vast garden, not yet daring to go and see the inside of the house.

"It's absolutely perfect," Fred couldn't stop smiling. "It's everything we could have dreamed for and more."

"I can't believe you built me my bloody dream house," she stopped walking to look at him. "What in heaven's name have I done to deserve you Fred?"

"I love you," he looked into her eyes and pressed a loving kiss to her lips. "Let's go see inside, shall we?"

"I wouldn't want anything else," she beamed.

They walked over to the front door, slowly walking up the front steps and once they reached the doorway, Fred turned around to look at her grinning. "If you thinking what I think you're thinking my answer is no."

"Oh come on love, it's for good luck!" he took her hand.

"Fred I'm six months pregnant with twins and I'm twenty-eight pounds heavier than when we got married!" she exclaimed.

"Don't care," he shrugged. "And I'll be able to keep you up because in case you've forgot, I still have beater arms."

"Fred, I'm not sure about this," Maddie said and shrieked when he picked her up bridal style without a warning.