🤍 Chapter 39 🤍

Just as Endeavour had said, he took both Kimitsuki and Shoto out to the city but they still hadn't seen how a Hero was because they hadn't really done much. There were some brave souls who came forward to get Endeavour's autographs but most of their time was spent travelling off to the Hosu City ward, and Kimitsuki knew exactly why.

Kimitsuki had heard about what happened to Tenya's elder brother on the news. The incident had happened in Hosu City, Tokyo, too, and had happened to be caused by non-other than the elusive criminal they had dubbed as the Hero-Killer, Stain.

The Hero-Killer had reportedly killed seventeen heroes in the past few months and hurt up-to twenty-three heroes to the point of no-recovery.

It was very clear that everyone wanted to capture him and put an end to it. And Kimitsuki knew that Hero-Killer struck every location four times, and he was set to return to the Hosu City that night. She watched the sky turn dark into an inky black colour.

Both Kimitsuki and Shoto were dressed in their Hero uniforms, and Kimitsuki had strapped her Katana by her waist, having heard the many of Stain's victims had signs of being attacked by sharp weapons such as knives and swords. She felt like if things came down to it, she could use her non-Quirk abilities and see how they would phase out.

Not that she wanted to face Stain on her first day.

As they were entering the ward, there was nothing out of place, and everyone seemed to be doing alright. Kimitsuki and Shoto followed Endeavour as they walked through the streets, just looking around, avoiding any attention toward the two of them.

"Wouldn't be nice if we ran into Iida-Kun?" Kimitsuki asked, trying to make small talk with Shoto as they walked. "We could have a joint-internship in a way,"

"Yeah," Shoto replied. "Isn't... Bakugo in Tokyo, too?"

"Yes, Ka-Chan is in Tokyo, too," Kimitsuki confirmed, nodding along. "But unfortunately, he's at the central area... and Ka-Chan's more of a solo-work than tagging along..."

Just then, Kimitsuki felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and as she reached for it, she noticed that Shoto was doing the same with his. And it became clear to her when she looked down to see that it was Izuku's message on the class group chat, sending his location.

"What is this?" Kimitsuki asked, surprised to find that the location was not far from where she and Shoto were currently located. "Why did he send his location?"

"I'll call him," Shoto replied and did as he said.

But before he could expect Izuku to receive, Kimitsuki looked up and was shocked to find the scene unfolding in front of them – there was a Nomu wreaking havoc in the street.

"Shoto, don't look at your phone!" Endeavour ordered. "Look at me!"

"He's not picking up," Shoto revealed.

"Todoroki-Kun, look!" Kimitsuki exclaimed, pointing ahead. "It's the Nomu from the League of Villains! And if Izu-Chan sent his location here in Hosu City, right now... it's either he's in trouble with that lot or – worse yet –! We have to go!"

"Where are you two going?!" Endeavour shouted after the two as Shoto followed after Kimitsuki as the two of them raced away from the ruckus of the main street fight.

"An alleyway at 4-2-10 Ekou Street," Shoto responded over his shoulder. "If you finish what you're doing or find any free pros, send them there. We're leaving you to take care of the trouble. I'm sure you'll be able to resolve it quickly, our friend might be in trouble,"

Kimitsuki looked down to make sure they were headed the right way and activated her Visual Quirk for aid. Sounds of struggle met with Kimitsuki's ears as they approached the location and when she looked up, she found several people there – there was Tenya and a Pro-Hero on the ground (alive but unable to move) and Izuku was fighting against a villain.