🤍 Heroes Rising - 1 🤍

Kimitsuki sat at her desk in the 1-A classroom, looking toward the front of the room where their homeroom teacher, Aizawa was showing the class the map of an island called Nabu that was located to the South of Japan. She already had a vague idea of what Aizawa was going to talk about as he always discussed it with her prior to the start of their homeroom.

Aizawa had informed her that the school was visited by Mera Yokumiru from the Hero Public Safety Commission to discuss a new practical Hero Work Recommendation Project where Hero Course students would go to an area without Pro-Heroes to conduct their activities.

It was something that Kimitsuki was uncertain about but she also understood where Mera was coming from – the Hero society was currently in a state of chaos ever since All Might retired.

This retirement had caused the number of villains to grow stronger in numbers and that there was an urgent need for them to train those training to be Heroes so they could fill the numbers, too.

"The Hero Work Recommendation Project," Aizawa introduced to the class. "Your work location is Nabu Island, a faraway Southern Island. The Pro-Heroes on duty retired due to old age. You guys will take his place until his replacement arrives,"

"That's so Hero-like!"

Just as expected from the majority of the class, they were excited about the thought of going out and working practically when it came to being a Hero. Kimitsuki was excited as well but she had some reservations because she had long come to terms with the trouble they took everywhere.

"In fact, it's actual Hero work!" cheered Mina.

"I'm so excited!" exclaimed Denki.

"I can't wait!" pitched in Eijirou.

Many of their classmates had not experienced this – but it was not a Work Study nor was it an internship. It was real Hero work, and for that, they needed to give more than ever before.

While the class had been cheering up, Kimitsuki thought about Izuku and Katsuki, and she hoped that they could stay safe. Aizawa flashed his Quirk at them to silence them.

"I'm not finished, so listen up," Aizawa said and they fell silent. "Good. According to project rules, you'll get no support from teachers nor Pro-Heroes. If there's any trouble, you'll have to take responsibility. Keep that in mind, and act like a Hero should – understood?"

"Yes, sir!"

It was that last part that had concerned Kimitsuki as she travelled to Nabu Island with the rest of her class. She had made sure to tell every single one of her classmates that they needed to actively communicate with her and will raise alarm if they did not.

Class 1-A was situated at the Iogi Villa which was a spacious two-storey building that was going to be both their residence and their Hero Agency for the duration of their stay in Nabu.

The location was beautiful and the building was well-equipped with the necessary computers as well as the e telecommunication devices needed to receive the inhabitants' requests.

Nabu Island itself was a very magical place – since it was far away from Japan to the South, the subtropical island was warm even though Japan was experiencing cold winter already. It was mainly rural and focused on farming, with a beach, commercial downtown and a mountain.

Mountain Shiroyama could be seen from every corner of the island even though it was located on a smaller island to the northwest of Nabu. The two islands were connected by a narrow path that crossed the sea, guarded by two beast statues. And Kimitsuki longed to go and have a look there once she heard there were ruins of an ancient fortress there.