🤍 Chapter 27 🤍

Kimitsuki sat in front of Recovery Girl in the healer's Temporary Clinic in one of the many halls of the gigantic Sports Festival arena. She wasn't injured but rather than going for lunch immediately, she decided that she could get her head checked out just in case – which Recovery Girl agreed to.

"There's nothing wrong with your head," Recovery Girl said with a frown as she spun around on her stool to face the white-haired girl. "Are you sure it's not just a side-effect of your Quirk?"

"Side-effect of... my Quirk?" Kimitsuki asked, looking away thoughtfully. "Um, if it is a side-effect, it's my first time experiencing it. I'm not sure what triggered it, either... I guess I should just rest,"

"Try thinking back to what you were doing differently when you first felt it," Recovery Girl advised her. "And try to stay out of trouble. Here, have some gummies,"

"Thank you," Kimitsuki replied quietly as she took the gummies and stood up and bowed her head before leaving the clinic. "What was I doing differently back then...?"

There wasn't anything that she could think of. She had kept her flames in limit so she could use them later, she had barely used her illusionary techniques on people, and her shield did hurt her down to her cells but only while she was using it and it never concentrated itself on her head like this.

What was I doing at that moment...?

It happened before the cavalry round and after result announcement.

It was then that Kimitsuki remembered that she had been talking to Shinsou Hitoshi. She frowned, wondering if he had tried to use his Quirk on her while she was speaking to him, and if he had – what was he trying to do? What did he do all of his teammates to make them so incoherent?

Kimitsuki was still lost in her thoughts, deciding that she would try and figure out Hitoshi's Quirk as soon as possible to understand her reaction to it when she ran into someone around the corridor –

"Do you ever watch where you're walking?" Katsuki growled. She looked up to see that she had run into him. "Why the hell do you wear that ribbon if you can't keep your hair out of your face?!"

"I'm sorry, Ka-Chan," Kimitsuki replied as she moved away from his chest, bowing her head and then just walking around him, much to Katsuki's shock at how easily she ignored him.

Katsuki could only stare after in incredulity and anger, realising that Kimitsuki was moving further and further away from the path where she, Katsuki and Izuku had started their journey. It wasn't only Izuku who was suddenly so strong and straying from it, Kimitsuki was also walking away.

Even though Kimitsuki felt Katsuki's eyes burning into the back of her head, she was preoccupied by the thought of Hitoshi and his Quirk, trying to deduce what he had before she used her Quirk to see.

However, no matter how much Kimitsuuki looked around for Hitoshi in the cafeteria but there was no sign of him. She wondered where he went to hide whenever it was time to have lunch. She sat down with Izuku, Tenya and Ochaco and half-heartedly have some food, looking around the hall.

Finally, it was time for them to return back to the Sports Festival arena.

Kimitsuki headed to the changing rooms ahead of the girls, where she swapped her white tank top for a sports bra, knowing that since it was going to be the last round, she will have to go all out.

"Would it be enough?" Kimitsuki mumbled to herself as she walked out to join Izuku and Tenya to go outside together. "I'm not as good as him or his father or even other fire-based heroes," She had been working so very hard to improve her tolerance to fire and felt sick when she thought of Shoto.