🤍 Chapter 56 🤍

Things were tense all over Japan after All Might publicly resigned from his position as the Number One Hero – what he had been the past few decades. It was something that Kimitsuki had a hard time getting used to herself, personally, as she had seen him to be the shining Symbol of Hope ever since she had opened her eyes in this strange world of Heroes.

After the incident, Kimitsuki, Izuku, Katsuki, Tenya and Eijirou had met up with Shoto and Momo. They had taken Katsuki to the police, who quietly departed with the officers, leaving the other six students to make their own way back home. News was rampart.

Last Kimitsuki had heard was that All Might was admitted into a private hospital in the city. She did not know, when she bought a train ticket, why she was heading there on her own like this but there was something that she really wanted to talk to him about.

Kimitsuki disguised herself well when she entered the city, although it was more to keep away from any possible villain than the average public in the middle of the day.

It took a while to get herself processed through the hospital security but Kimitsuki was allowed to go ahead and take the elevator to All Might's room. She was alone in the elevator, staring back at herself through the mirrored walls, carrying a large bouquet.

As far as Kimitsuki knew, All Might had never quite mentioned his favourite flowers so she simply incorporated her well-wishes off of her understanding of flowers.

The elevator dinged, allowing Kimitsuki to step outside and she looked for the right hospital room. She was about to reach out and knock on the door but stopped – there was a conversation going on inside. Against her better judgement, Kimitsuki found herself listening.

"The embers inside me have gone out," spoke a voice that was clearly All Might's. "The Symbol of Peace is dead," He paused. "However, there is still something I must do,"

"Shigaraki Tomura," said a second voice, which belonged to Gran Torino and Kimitsuki wondered who else was inside. "Shimura's grandson, huh...?"

"That's just what All for One said, right?" spoke a third voice and it took Kimitsuki a moment to realise that it was Tsukauchi Naomasa. "That's not very much to go on. The two of you didn't have any interactions with this Shimura's family?"

"No..." replied Gran Torino.

"Why not?" Tsukauchi inquired.

"Shimura's husband was killed," Gan Torino told him. "So, she put her child in foster care to keep her child away from the hero world. She told Toshinori and I that she didn't want us to have any contact with the child even if the worst were to happen to her,"

"So, your promise to the deceased backfired..." Tsukauchi said. "That's sad..."

"The blood relationship that my master severed for the sake of peace...!" All Might said, sounding very distraught and angered. "I must find Shigaraki... find him and..."

"No," Gran Torino interjected. "What are you planning to do once you find him? You're not looking at him as a villain anymore. You will definitely hesitate. No matter who he's related to, he is a criminal who after you. Tsukauchi and I will investigate Shigaraki here on out. You stay at U. A and do everything you should be doing. Take care of your students, especially the ones in danger. Even if you cannot be the Symbol of Peace anymore, All Might is still alive,"

It was quiet in the room, and then Kimitsuki heard footsteps. She moved away quickly, locating a corner away from the elevator behind which she stopped. She heard the door open and then close as Gran Torino and Tsukauchi walked off to head elsewhere.