🤍 Chapter 58 🤍

For the next two days, everything was a blur for Kimitsuki as she was thrust into the spot of being an actual older sister when her younger brother woke up. It was a very new experience for someone like Kimitsuki but she insisted on helping out however she could. Both her and Tsukitarou had to return to their homes that day as Kimihiro was being evaluated by the doctors, but Tsukitarou was there to pick her back up the next day and told her to pack up for a few days.

It seemed like there was a lot of issues that her grandfather Ryunosuke found easier to handle with everyone close by, especially since he did not want much about Kimihiro to get out to the media so quickly. Kimitsuki understood, and she was more than willing to go ahead and see more of her brother, insisting on visiting him whenever she could do so.

Kimihiro appeared to be doing very well and all his mental evaluations were coming through positively, as Ryunosuke had informed Kimitsuki that night and he informed her that she could go visit him tomorrow but he would be staying at least another night there.

That morning finally came, and Kimitsuki was extremely nervous as she found herself entering the hospital, making that same journey up the elevator to the floor where her brother was.

Today, the silence in the hallway was almost deafening for her as she was redirected to a new room.

Kimitsuki took a moment to herself before she gently knocked on the door, giving it a few seconds and then slid it open to peer inside. Her eyes fell directly upon the boy inside, sitting in his bed and looking back at her just as curiously as she was looking at him.

"Excuse me," Kimitsuki spoke as she stepped inside, closing the door behind her before looking back at him. "I hope that I'm not disturbing you... it's good to see you,"

The boy was looking at her with intrigue as she walked closer and Kimitsuki smiled nervously as she took an open seat near his bed, hoping to appear natural.

"I'm not sure if you knew I was coming," Kimitsuki said gently. "Shall I introduce myself? My name is Kimitsuki, I'm fifteen-years-old... and I'm your older sister..."

"Oh!" exclaimed Kimihiro suddenly, and his voice was very light and high – it seemed like he was still adapting it. "I remember you! I know you! Kimitsuki Onee-Chan!"

"Y-Yes," Kimitsuki replied, still surprised at the nickname despite having expected that she might be called that someday. "I'm your... Kimitsuki Onee-Chan," She looked at him. "What about you? What would you like me to call you?"

"A nickname?" Kimihiro asked excitedly. "Hiro! Like a Hero!"

"Do you like Heroes?" Kimitsuki asked, smiling, and Hiro nodded back eagerly. "I like Heroes a lot as well – I'm training to be a Hero at a Hero school as well,"

"You're going to be a Hero?" Hiro repeated, intrigued and she nodded happily. "In a Hero school? Can I go to the Hero school with you, Onee-Chan?"

"You will have to grow up a little more before that," Kimitsuki told him, reaching out to stroking his hair, so different from hers. "Then you can be a Hero as well,"

"We have the same Quirk," Hiro told her knowledgably before holding up his hands for her to see. "The doctor said my Quirk is fire! Black fire!"

"I know, I know, but we can't use Quirks inside a hospital, remember?" Kimitsuki said carefully. "Let's see your Quirk when we get to go home,"

"When can I go home?" Hiro asked.

"Tomorrow evening," Kimitsuki informed him.

"Are you going to stay with me until then?" Hiro asked, grabbing her hand. "You're going to stay here, right? It's so boring to sit in bed all day... I want to play!"