🤍 Chapter 33 🤍

Kimitsuki hurriedly drank down the cool liquid she had bought and stood in wait for her to be introduced so she could set her feet into the arena. She discarded the empty can into the bin nearby, knowing that she had to cool down as she went to fight against Tenya because she was going to use her fire to exhaust his calf engines.

"Coming up for the second match of our second round!" Present Mic announced finally. "Here comes my top contestant, the angelic Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki of the Hero course! Versus! The Turbo-Hero, also from the Hero Course, Iida Tenya!"

The crowd cheered loudly and Kimitsuki was prompted to hurry out of the building and onto the arena, while Tenya appeared from the other side of the stadium.

It was true that Tenya was not wearing the suit that amplified his abilities, but Kimitsuki knew her eyes were going to be working overtime.

"Kuroyanagi versus Iida, second match, begins..." Present Mic exclaimed to the excited crowd once the individuals within the bounds. "... now!"

At once, Kimitsuki activated her Visual Quirk and tracked Tenya's movements – he used exactly what she had expected him to, with was his Recipro Burst to head directly into her direction to take her out of the bounds but Kimitsuki managed to dodge it fairly easily.

There was a clear look to Tenya that he was trying to avoid her eyes but Kimitsuki wasn't going to pull him into any illusion, especially since it hurt her head too much.

Kimitsuki turned around quickly and didn't bother attacking Tenya, only using her fire to burst past his legs, making him believe that it was him who dodged it. But Kimitsuki didn't mind it as she continued to avoid his attacks and make her own moves.

It looked more like an episode of Tom and Jerry as Kimitsuki continued to avoid Tenya, sending flashes of fire next to his legs at strategic points to not give away what she was doing to him – it was quite hard to use both watch him and do so simultaneously.

"Looks like Kuroyanagi isn't using her Visual Quirk this time around!" Present Mic said, but it was clear that he wasn't very happy with the lack of spectacle in this fight. "... at least we get to see those infamous black flames – oh, here we go!"

Tenya was gearing up to make one last attempt against Kimitsuki, and she finally stopped running herself, watching him get ready – but nothing happened. Kimitsuki watched as he looked down at his legs, only to find that his Quirk was no longer working due to being overheated, and it dawned upon Tenya what Kimitsuki had just brought him into.

"I'm sorry," Kimitsuki replied as Tenya realised that he was out of commission, and she herself was feeling extremely heated up from the fight.

The remaining fight was solely upon hand-to-hand, and Kimitsuki took Tenya off guard whenever she showed the strength that she had worked so hard on with All Might. But it was her flames that cornered him out of the bounds in the end.

"Iida-Kun, out of bounds!" Midnight announced. "Kuroyanagi-San advances into the third round!"

Kimitsuki bowed her head deeply down to the audience and waved at Tenya to let him know that she would meet him on the other side, and she walked off quietly from where she had come, unbuttoning some of her buttons to cool herself.

Compared to even a few months back, her ability to manage her heat had increased – her body did not heat up as quickly as before and she hoped that it would only get even better over time. She bit her lower lip and hurried down the corridor in a jog to the nearest vending machine to get her yet another cold drink to cool herself down quickly.

"Hey," Kimitsuki greeted Tenya by the waiting rooms. "You were really good..." She smiled at him gently. "It's really hard to stand across someone as fast as you,"