🤍 Chapter 12 🤍

All Might's sudden announcement made Kimitsuki jump and blush deeply when she realised that her and Izuku's conversation was being heard by everyone. She hoped that Katsuki wouldn't come to know how the two of them stood there for a few minutes only complimenting him and his abilities.

"We should head in, then," Kimitsuki said to Izuku. "We should enter from the side; I don't want Ka-Chan blasting our faces off as soon as we enter from the front door,"

Izuku gulped, knowing she was just being sarcastic – something she did when she was nervous – but he couldn't help but imagine it happening to them and shuddered in response, following behind her.

"Remember, we have to keep damage to the building minimum," Kimitsuki reminded him as they approached and window, with Kimitsuki pulling out a hair pin to pick the lock and open it.

There was a small click as Kimitsuki turned the pin to the left and she smiled to herself, reaching over and pushing the window open before crawling through it like a cat, her eyes immediately glowing purple as she surveyed the location. She motioned Izuku to follow behind her and enter.

"We've infiltrated successfully!" Izuku whispered as he climbed inside the building as well. "But there are many blind spots around here..." Kimitsuki nodded.

"I'll lead the way," Kimitsuki said quietly. "I've got my Quirk open – you have to keep in touch with my signals. We're using the playground ones. Neither of us can control our Quirks without hurting people so please be careful with your emotions,"

Whether those words were for Izuku or herself, Kimitsuki had no idea.

"Let's quickly get the weapon," Izuku replied, feeling uncertainty rise at her words – it was true that neither of them was remarkable when it came to controlling their Quirks.

Slowly and silently, the two childhood friends made their way through the empty, dark corridors. Kimitsuki's eyes were scurrying all over the place to make sure she would catch anyone and anything. Her body was tensed up and she tried to control her emotions lest she activates a Genjutsu out of shock.

And as they were making their way to another turn in the corridors, it finally happened –

Katsuki jumped out from around the corner and Kimitsuki's eyes narrowed on his body as she reached to grab Izuku – who was already reaching out for her – and she pulled him back rapidly.

The explosion that Kimitsuki had seen occur seconds before finally manifested out of Katsuki's hand.

"Ka-Chan and his surprise attacks," Kimitsuki groaned as she pushed herself up straight. She looked at Katsuki and immediately noticed that he was evading meeting eyes with her entirely.

But Kimitsuki doubted she would be able to use her Quirk on him, now that she could see his face.

"Are you okay, Izu-Chan?" Kimitsuki asked grimly as she kept her eyes on Katsuki for any chance of halting him in his way. She could hear Izuku finally get onto his feet.

"I'm fine, it's just a scratch," Izuku replied. "What about you, Tsuki-Chan?" Kimitsuki just nodded in reply, waiting to see their opponent's actions.

"Come on, Deku, are you going to rely on Kimitsuki's predictions here, too?" Katsuki responded, egging him on and Kimitsuki rolled her eyes at the two boys.

"I don't make predications," Kimitsuki said, exasperated. "You both need to understand the difference between predictions and anticipation,"

"I figured you would come for me first," Izuku said to Katsuki, and Kimitsuki frowned when she heard the edge of anger in his voice as well.