🤍 Chapter 55 🤍

"As expect of the number four hero, Best Jeanist," spoke All for One as he clapped his hands in the silent aftermath of the disastrous explosion. "I thought I had blown everyone away. To be able to manipulate everyone's clothes and pull them to the side in an instant – that quick decision-making... and skill... you must have nerves of steel,"

Kimitsuki was frozen solid against the broken wall – that sole crumbling shield between them and that man. It was hard to put faith in that shield but there was not an inch of her body that wanted to work in protecting them right. It almost like they had died standing there.

Gathering her senses, Kimitsuki's head slowly turned around to look behind them, and just an inch above her head, she could see through to the scene beyond.

All for One was levitating in the air, and as he slowly descended to the ground, Kimitsuki saw a nauseating face. It didn't look very human anymore yet she could not tear her eyes away from it. She watched in bewitchment as he walked to Best Jeanist.

Best Jeanist was on the ground, and it was hard to make sure from here if he was even alive anymore. Kimitsuki could not find the courage to even activate her Quirk in case she saw something that she might never be able to forget ever again.

"This isn't what I was told..." Best Jeanist spoke. "But so, what...?" He slowly pushed himself up and used the fibres of his costume to attack All for One once again, attempting to take him down. "A top Hero... doesn't use that as an excuse for failure –"

In an instant, All for One discarded Best Jeanist's attack by with a burst of wind and before Kimitsuki could even look away, a deep injury formed upon the Pro-Hero's body, and a distinct gush of blood burst out of his abdomen. It almost looked to Kimitsuki that this man had killed Best Jeanist with a wave of a finger, and that forced her to quickly look away.

"I see..." All for One continued. "This is strength from a huge amount of practise and practical experience. I don't need yours... it's a Quirk that doesn't go with Tomura's disposition,"

By now, it felt like they were pigeons pretending to avoid their deaths just because their eyes were not settled on the perpetrator. She could feel every single one of her friends shaking next to her. Izuku and Momo were bent over, trying to keep themselves from throwing up. Kimitsuki could not blame them, having seen that horrendous hallucination.

This man's Killing Intent was far more sinister than Stain's, and Kimitsuki knew he would not play around. Something told her that they would not get the release of a quick death. And she knew that every single one of them was thinking the same thing:

What in the world... was that?
And how do they get out... of there?

Kimitsuki's mind was blank and her body couldn't begin to even self-preserve, much less protect anyone else. She had never expected them to come face-to-face with this predicament, and now, she felt like she should've told everyone to not do this. While she was still stuck in these thoughts, a voice reached her ears that shot an arrow through her chest –

"Damn it...
... the hell...?!"

Katsuki's voice hung into Kimitsuki's heart and she felt faint when she realised that he was coughing and spluttering the dust clouds right in front of All for One. She hadn't looked up but she knew that her Quirk had activated upon the boy's arrival, her body tensing up.

"Ka-Chan...." Kimitsuki whispered, her breathing quickening in the sheer concern that was spreading through her body. "That's... Ka-Chan... he... he..."

"Sorry, Bakugo-Kun," responded All for One.

By now, Kimitsuki's mind was in overdrive as she processed what had happened – All for One had cleared out Best Jeanist, Mt. Lady, Gang Orca and Tiger. From what she had heard, she knew that All Might was elsewhere, possibly with other Pro-Heroes. They must've gotten to Katsuki, and surely, Shigaraki must've ordered Kurogiri to send Katsuki away.