🤍 Chapter 18 🤍

Kimitsuki wasn't as good with the scarf as Aizawa was, as she had only seen it being used, but she found it coming to her a bit easy as she recalled what Aizawa had done earlier with the villains and copied it move to move as she took down all the villains that were converged around them, but her eyes were constantly straying toward the Nomu – who was trying to put out the flames on his back.

"Weren't you going to leave?" Kimitsuki asked tensely as she turned to look at Tomura and Kurogiri once she was done knocking out all the villains. "Pro-Heroes are on their way here – you'll be cornered. I know you don't care for these thugs here. You just picked them up for distraction,"

"Oh, we've got a know-it-all here," Tomura said, and Kimitsuki glared at him. "So many optical Quirks these days, aren't there? I bet your eyes recall me, don't they?" Her body tensed up.

"Had I known that you would go this far..." Kimitsuki grunted as she kept her eyes on him closely.

"What would you have done?" Tomura asked, raising his hands. "Run to your Sensei to let him lend you his scarf? Run to the police about the bad man you saw on the street? I would've killed you,"

"If I recall correctly, that girl is Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki," Kurogiri spoke up. "She currently attends U. A. High as a student – and her Quirk allows her to use Black Flames and some sort of visual trance – like her mother. There are quite a few questions regarding her abilities as she killed her family as a kid,"

"Kuroyanagi Kimitsuki, huh?" Tomura said. "The girl who killed her family, and got praised by that trash of society, All Might," Kimitsuki glared at him. "I'm not surprised – you fight very well. Your Quirk is very interesting... it makes me want to own it. Why don't you come join me? You'll find a lot of people like yourself here," She knew what he was eluding to with that. "Starting with myself,"

"There's no way that I'm going to join you," Kimitsuki replied, holding onto the scarf tightly with one hand and sword with the other. "I'd rather die than go anywhere with villains,"

"That's unfortunate, I like you," Tomura responded, shrugging his shoulders without any concern. "There's a lot I want to learn about you – anyone who killed their parents is worthy of that interest," He turned to look at his bioengineered creature and ordered softly, "Nomu, get her,"

Although Kimitsuki saw the Nomu's muscles move as it rushed at her, she had not expected him to be so blindingly fast, especially with his bulky body. She tried to attack him but it was too late –

Kimitsuki was shocked as the Nomu's fist rammed into her stomach and she felt herself fly back, smashing into the ground. She groaned and tried to push herself back onto her shaking legs, feeling the blood trickling down from her head and along her neck. Before she could do anything further than that, she was suddenly grabbed off of the ground by her legs, hanging her upside down.

Struggling against the hold of the creature, Kimitsuki tried to put him on fire but he easily grabbed her arms, too. She felt light-headed as blood rushed to her head and she attempted to use her Genjutsu by making direct eye contact with the Nomu – but nothing happened to the beast.

Does he have... no conscious?

"Where's all your big talk now?" Tomura asked, and Kimitsuki moved her eyes to see him casually walking over to where she was hanging upside down. "Kuroyanagi – the one praised by All Might,"

"What do you want from me?" Kimitsuki questioned, trying to remain calm as she searched his face to look for his eyes but they were obstructed by the hand on his face and his long hair.

"I want you and your Quirk," Tomura replied without a worry, reaching over to run his hand through her ponytail. "Who are you, really? The clumsy, insistently apologetic girl from that day or this cold, calculating girl today? I want to know all about you. Where do you live? Who do you live with?"