🤍 Chapter 29 🤍

Following Izuku's match against Shinsou Hitoshi, Kimitsuki quickly left the stands to head down to where Recovery Girl's Temporary Nurse's Office was located. She found All Might there as well, and waited back to watch Recovery Girl have a quick look at Izuku's injured forefinger and middle finger.

"Kiss!" Recovery Girl said once she finished up bandaging up Izuku's fingers. "That should do it," She let them go and Kimitsuki peered over to see how Izuku was doing.

"In the match with Shinsou-Kun," Izuku spoke up finally, turning to look at Kimitsuki and All Might waiting on him. "I couldn't smile at all," Kimitsuki placed a hand on his shoulder to comfort him.

"Well, his cries hit close to home for you, huh?" All Might asked, glancing between the two childhood friends, understanding their expressions.

"But that didn't mean that I could lose," Izuku replied quietly and Kimitsuki watched his eyes flair with a strange emotion. "That's what it means to aim for number one, right?"

"Poor thing," Recovery Girl said. "You put some weird pressure on him again, didn't you?" Kimitsuki jumped when the elderly woman smacked her arm into All Might's stomach, causing him to yelp.

"It was necessary!" All Might protested in pain. "Ouch!"

"Oh yeah, All Might," Izuku said suddenly. "I had a vision... There were eight or nine people... I'm not sure exactly how many... But when it felt like my mind was filled with fog from the brainwashing, the vision appeared, as if to drive away the fog. It was like I was barely able to move just my fingertips for a moment... There was someone with eyes like you, too, All Might. Was it the people who had inherited One for All who did it...?"

"What are you talking about?" Kimitsuki inquired, confused by his sudden revelation. "Wait... you saw eight to nine people? What colours were they? I saw strange colours spike in you, too!"

"Your Quirk was activated at the time?" Izuku asked quickly and Kimitsuki nodded in reply. "You saw them all in different colours, like with Quirks, right? I didn't see them in colours..."

"Scary..." All Might trailed off, trembling seemingly in fear as he listened to what the two friends had to say as he looked at them. "What the heck?"

"What?" Izuku exclaimed as his strange reaction while Kimitsuki sweat-dropped at his unique behaviour. "I thought you'd know about it!"

"No, I also saw it before, in my younger days," All Might informed them. "It's a clear sign that you've got a better grasp on One for All,"

"Um, what do you mean?" Kimitsuki inquired. "Seeing so many figures... and those colours..."

"I think it's like a trace of something they left behind in One for All," All Might said. "It's not something with intent that can interfere with you, and you can't interfere with them. In other words, that vision isn't what got rid of the brainwashing. It was that when you saw the vision, your strong emotions allowed you to overcome Young Shinsou's Brainwashing for just long enough to move your fingertips, I think,"

"That explanation's not satisfying at all, though..." Izuku admitted, rubbing the back of his head.

"Don't get too hung up about it!" All Might assured the two childhood friends. "More importantly, don't you need to go see who you'll fight next?"

"Ah, All Might is right," Kimitsuki realised out loud. "It's Todoroki-Kun and Sero-Kun's fight up next. And then... it's my turn with Kaminari-Kun..."

"You'll do great, Young Kuroyanagi!" All Might told her, giving her a thumbs-up and Kimitsuki returned it with a smile and a formal bow.

"Thank you very much," Kimitsuki replied as she straightened back up, loosening the hands she had folded over her stomach. "I will do my very best, too,"