🤍 Chapter 20 🤍

Kimitsuki sat next to the Chabudai in her apartment, carefully working on the cocktail hat for Mikoto, trying to get rid of the boredom that was creeping up on her nerves. It was the day after the attack at U. S. J. and the students all had the day off to relax after that unexpected attack by villains. She had already took apart and put back together all the electronics she had.

It was difficult, however, for Kimitsuki to relax. Even though she felt like she held herself up against those villains, she was still bothered by how powerful that Nomu was and the injuries he had given.

Her body hadn't fully recovered but Kimitsuki was sure it'll be okay by the time tomorrow came by.

"Almost done..." Kimitsuki breathed and concentrated on the beads as she held her tongue between her teeth to concentrate on her work. She let out a sigh and looped the needle around.

Using her embroidery shears, Kimitsuki gently clipped off the extra thread off to finish the work. She set it down and slowly fell back to relax herself. Her head hit the soft mattress behind her and she closed her eyes for a moment until her phone vibrated. She reached to grab it to see what it was.

Izu-Chan: Tsuki-Chan, check the news! [read]

Kimitsuki: Okay [read]

Kimitsuki pushed herself back up to sit and quickly switched to a livestream of the local news channel to have a look at what was being reported. It seemed like there was a follow-up finally.

Follow-Up Report: U. A. High School Attack:

"According to police investigation, the criminals call themselves 'The League of Villains' and have been plotting to kill All Might, who has been a teacher at U. A. since spring of this year. Police have arrested 72 villains, but they still do not know the whereabouts of their ringleader,"

"So, I was right about that..." Kimitsuki mumbled as she continued to listen to the anchor talk. "They were all just everyday thugs... except for Shigaraki Tomura, Kurogiri and their Nomu,"

The more Kimitsuki listened to the speculations, the more agitated she felt stuck in the little apartment. She got onto her feet slowly and gathered some stuff into a bag before leaving.

"Oba-San," Kimitsuki said as she slowly approached the elderly lady in the lobby. "Um, I'm going out for a while..." Granny Haruna turned to look at her with a frown. "Please give this to Mikoto-Chan,"

"Where are you going?" Granny Haruna inquired as she received the cocktail hat packed up in a box from Kimitsuki. "You show be resting! You're still hurt... where are your crutches?"

"I can walk without them now," Kimitsuki replied. "Recovery Girl's healing finally worked," She gave a small smile. "I'm going to get some fresh air... I feel suffocated. I'll be back home by dark,"

Kimitsuki bowed her head deeply to Granny Haruna and slowly walked out of there. She threw her hoodie over to hide her face and stuffed her hands into her pockets as she set off down the ground. She avoided looking around too much but her eyes were out in case someone tried to attack her.

Even though she had lived around thugs like them all her life, Kimitsuki was suddenly feeling all anxious again. She felt like she had left that behind several years but the anxiety had returned.

And the only people to blame for all of this were Shigaraki Tomura and Kurogiri, for sure.

"They're definitely going to attack again," Kimitsuki whispered to herself. "That League of Villains... is it even a League? Do they have more thugs sitting around to use? Would they after all this...?"