🤍 Chapter 34 🤍

Had the honour of receiving this amazing fanart!
Please check out Abagail on her Insta (abagailkilleencreate), Deviantart (abbeycreate) + Wattpad (gail-honey)!
Thank you <3

Kimitsuki rubbed her forehead to soothe out her headache as she walked to the waiting room, hoping to buy some more soda to cool herself down – she promised herself to put this habit behind herself by the time came around to the next Sports Festival. She knew it was not like herself to depend so much on sodas when it came to heat.

It was almost embarrassing as she pulled out her wallet to buy some more soda and she bit her lower lip as she opened the can to take a long sip and she caught sight of Shoto making his way down the corridor where she was standing.

"Todoroki-Kun," Kimitsuki spoke up as he stopped a few feet away from her. "I'm... sorry for running away from the fight. I've been struggling with my Visual Quirk... and it wasn't because I was undermining you... and I'm sorry if it seemed that way, and if I hurt you,"

"I just wanted to say that you're a ... formidable opponent," Shoto admitted, and Kimitsuki bit her lower lip, embarrassed and turned pink. "I hope to fight you and Midoriya again,"

"I hope the same," Kimitsuki replied eagerly. "And to fight next to you, of course, our Quirks work well together – your ice and my fire, I mean,"

Shoto nodded in agreement and Kimitsuki allowed him to walk on down the corridor, and she let out the breath that had been accumulating as she talked to Shoto. It wasn't until she had looked down that she noticed that she was just with her white tank top – her jacket had long been incinerated in the fight, and Kimitsuki quickly headed to the waiting area's changing rooms.

But there were no jackets left in there that fit her and Kimitsuki sighed, a bit frustrated out of tiredness but decided it would make sense for her to head to her classroom and retrieve her uniform so she could change into them – she was finished anyway.

Or maybe I could go and ask Izu-Chan
to retrieve a jacket from the boys' side.

Kimitsuki stepped out of the locker room and found herself face-to-face with none other than Katsuki – fortunately she had not run right into him – and she moved back to give him his personal space again as she looked at his permanently-ticked face.

"What are you doing?" Katsuki asked in his usual growl and Kimitsuki looked around in confusion. "You're blocking the door to the waiting room!"

"Ah, right, sorry about that," Kimitsuki replied calmly and moved to the side to allow Katsuki to open the door to the waiting room. "Um, Ka-Chan?"

Katsuki stopped and glanced at her with his narrowed red eyes but Kimitsuki wasn't concerned about his behaviour over how much she wanted a jacket.

"Could you... fetch me a jacket from the boys' changing rooms?" Kimitsuki asked. "Mine got a bit charred and the remaining female ones are too small..."

Biting the inside of her cheek, Kimitsuki wrapped her arms over her chest and blushed when Katsuki glanced down at her tank top – she didn't want to be seen without a jacket today, especially with the starved Mineta around, although she felt like she didn't hate it as much when it was any one of her long-time friends who saw her like it, including Katsuki.

When Katsuki did not respond to her, Kimitsuki looked back at him, pursing her lips – she wanted at least an answer rather than just being left on read all the time, "So, can you help me with that, Ka-Chan, or should I get Izu-Chan to help me –"

Kimitsuki was cut off by something falling onto her head and she grabbed it instinctually to pull it down, finding that it was a jacket and she looked up just as Katsuki closed the door behind himself, rubbing the back of his neck. Kimitsuki huffed and shook her head, turning away to leave as she just accepted the jacket, pulling it on and walking off to the stands.