🤍 Chapter 82 🤍

Before they had realised it, the day before the school festival had arrived and Kimitsuki found herself to be very, very busy with everything. She had taken the responsibility of overseeing everything and reporting it to Aizawa. She needed to make sure that everyone was working within safe standards and that nothing would go wrong to hurt them or cause any other such harm during the act.

And as the evening began to fall, Kimitsuki had headed out to formally invite all of the departments to their concert. She had expected a lot of disdain, and there was plenty of it still, but most of the students accepted her invitation and she got to pass out the flyers to all the dormitory buildings.

One could say that Kimitsuki had chosen her words carefully, or maybe the person who had offered to carry all her flyers around with her had something to do within a few occasions.

For Katsuki had surprisingly had worked up to help her out as there were too many flyers to take along by herself. And he had made sure to glare daggers at anyone who had opened their mouth to talk rudely toward Kimitsuki. The girl had not said anything about it until they were heading back.

"... you didn't have to threaten them with your eyes, Ka-Chan," Kimitsuki said, slightly amused when Katsuki looked shocked that she had even caught it. "Did you forget I'm a Visual Hero? I'm made to take observations even when I'm not paying attention, you know?"

"I didn't forget!" Katsuki responded, and Kimitsuki chuckled lightly at his reaction, causing his cheeks to colour. "I wasn't threatening anyone, either! I was just working!"

"I understand," Kimitsuki replied, smiling in his direction. "Thank you, Ka-Chan, however it was,"

Katsuki stared at her for a moment before looking away, his cheeks turning as red as his eyes and he stuffed his hands into his pockets as they walked in the direction of their own dormitory building. Kimitsuki looked up to the sky above them where the moon was shining unrelentingly upon them.

"The moon is beautiful, isn't it?" Kimitsuki asked in a quiet voice, and Katsuki turned his head to look back at the younger girl who was walking shoulder-to-shoulder with him.

But he did not respond to this observation. Katsuki was silent as he looked at the moonlight-shrouded face of Kimitsuki. And as she tilted her head upward, her ivory-coloured bangs had moved back to expose her face in its entirety to him. Katsuki could only look at her in that moment.

Too soon, they had arrived at the dormitory building. Kimitsuki learned that the dance team was still out practicing so she left immediately for the gym, while Katsuki grumbled about her busyness.

As it was their final few practice sessions, the dance team had headed off to the gym to do it as that was also going to be their stage tomorrow. Kimitsuki and Aizawa had a tough time acquiring the stage for the morning as it was a popular spot. They wouldn't have much time tomorrow due to prior bookings as well. Kimitsuki hoped they will be able to prepare everything in time.

When she arrived at the gym, Kimitsuki found Eijirou, Hanta and Koji acting as the audience while the rest of them – the dance team – was on the stage, working on their last-minute prep as they needed to make sure that they all knew where they were supposed to be during their performance.

"Kuroyanagi-Chan!" called out Eijirou when he saw the white-haired girl arrive in the gym, and she smiled, waving them over as she walked over to where they all were.

"You all are working so hard," Kimitsuki said. "But unfortunately, I have to warn you that the gym will be closing for the night in a few minutes. Let us pack up as quickly as we can!"

By now, the rest of the students such as the band team had arrived in the gym as well so Kimitsuki figured that she would just have them all go through everything once before they left. She liked to see their excitement, even after the cold reception by some students.