🤍 Chapter 24 🤍

Kimitsuki looked up in surprise and momentarily wondered why she had been picked as the student representative and the player pledger. It was then she recalled her record since applying to U. A. High School that she realised why her name had been taken. But she didn't know how Katsuki...

"What?" Izuku asked, quite as shocked as Kimitsuki was as the green-haired boy turned to look at her and their childhood friend. "It's both Tsuki-Chan and Ka-Chan...?"

But Kimitsuki was already hurrying to pace up with Katsuki as the two of them hurried over toward the stage together. She wondered if Katsuki would think of her stealing his thunder again somehow.

"Well, Kuroyanagi-Chan was first and Bakugo was second in the entrance exam, weren't they?" Eijirou pointed out to Izuku, watching the two climb up the stairs.

"in the Hero course," interjected one of the students from General Studies, glaring at the them all.

"It's obvious she hates us," Hanta observed, sweat-dropping.

"And it's all Bakugo's fault," Denki groaned, shaking his head.

Katsuki grunted, his hands shoved deep in his slackened pants and Kimitsuki let out a small sigh as she walked up the stage ahead of him. He glared at her and she knew that he was giving her a few seconds to go first and she rolled her eyes lightly, having had enough of his strange behaviour.

It was difficult for Kimitsuki to take the stage in front of so many people and not to mention all those who would be watching from home. She took a deep breath to calm down and held up her head.

Be assertive, you idiotic softie.

"As the representative, I pledge," Kimitsuki said into the microphone softly. "To show exhibit appropriate sportsmanship and to compete with fellow first-years with civility and dignity. I pledge to put winning and losing in perspective and not engage in any unsportsmanlike conduct, and to remember that this is an opportunity for a healthy competition and to learn from our mistakes,"

Kimitsuki bowed deeply to the crowd and stepped back, motioning Katsuki to take the microphone next. She almost waited with a bated breath, knowing what he would do. Even without her Quirk on his lips. She knew.

"I pledge..." Katsuki said nonchalantly as he stared blankly at the crowd in front of him and Kimitsuki chewed the inside of her cheek. "... that I'll be number one,"

Midnight grabbed her head and Kimitsuki let out a deep sigh as their class 1-A groaned loudly at Katsuki's persistent 'overconfidence' and the rest of the classes started to boo and abuse them.

"What the heck!"

"Stop messing around!"

"You sludge bastard!"

"Don't be so full of yourselves, Class A!"

"Why are you doing something so disgraceful?!" Tenya shouted over at the student from his class, knowing it was going to ruin their image as a whole once again.

"At least become a nice bouncy step for me to jump off of," Katsuki responded.

"How overconfident can you get?" Tetsutetsu shouted from where Class 1-B was standing, looking at their fellow Hero course class with great distaste. "I'll crush you!"

But Kimitsuki didn't bother to apologise for Katsuki's words at all. She wasn't his babysitter anymore and besides; she knew he wanted everyone to come at him with all their might or he won't be satisfied. And she also knew well by now that he didn't care if he made the rest of them collateral damage.