🤍 Chapter 53 🤍

Many things had supposedly happened following Katsuki's abduction. At some point in the night, Vlad King had called for the local emergency services, which took about fifteen minutes to arrive following the villains' getaway. Ambulances arrived onto the scene for the injured students while the fire trucks raced to control the flaming forest beyond.

When Kimitsuki had come back around to the world of dizzy consciously, she was being loaded up into the back of an ambulance, and someone was fretting over her burns. She could still see the dancing blue flames in the distance before the door had closed.

Fifteen students out of the forty-one present there were unconscious and in serious condition from the gas that one of the villains, Mustard, had released. And eleven others had major or minor injuries. Kimitsuki and Izuku were amongst them.

Thirteen students were completely uninjured, and one student had gone missing.

As for the six Pro-Heroes, one of them, Pixie-Bob was in a serious condition after receiving a hard blow to the head and was still unconscious, while another one, Ragdoll, had lost a lot of blood and was currently missing somewhere in the forest.

From the villains, three of them had been caught red-handed and promptly arrested – those three included Mustard, Moonfish and Muscular. Leaving their own behind very similarly to USJ attack, the other villains disappeared without a trace.

For Kimitsuki, being unconscious was a relief compared to the horrors that awaited her outside of it. The thought of having lost Katsuki was too much for her to bear, and even more so when she could not talk her feelings out with Izuku, who was still unconscious and strung up at the hospital.

Because of the interest shown to Kimitsuki, she was not allowed to return home. Principal Nezu offered for her to stay under Recovery Girl's care and on the other end, her grandfather offered for her to heal while at her maternal home but Kimitsuki ended up refusing both offers – she would rather stay at the hospital where she was close to her friends.

All the news channels could only talk about the attack on U.A for the next few days, and Kimitsuki had not touched her phone in case she saw all the depressing and vicious news.

'The Most Prominent Hero Educational Institution's Many Scandals'

'Bringing Careless Management to the Forefront'

'Shaking the Trust in Hero Society'

'No contact since the incident'

'U. A.'s Greatest Failure'

'Bakugo Katsuki'

Katsuki's name was everywhere and Kimitsuki couldn't bear to look at it anymore. It felt worse so when that name came on tips of unknown voices. Kimitsuki had never felt so suffocated before and there were times where she could barely stop herself from crying.

It was almost a relief that she was a silent crier, and Kimitsuki was quick to wipe her tears whenever someone visited her, mostly her classmates. Mina and Hanta had both tried to cheer her up and while Kimitsuki was grateful to them, the smile didn't persist.

"What do you want to eat, Kuroyanagi-Chan?" they would say. "We'll get it for you!"

"Thank you, but I'm not really hungry," Kimitsuki would respond.

Kota had also visited the hospital – he was relatively uninjured and was looking to meet Izuku, whom he credited to keeping him so safe. He also stopped by Kimitsuki's room.