🤍 Two Heroes - 2 🤍

Melissa led Kimitsuki and Izuku back down the corridor and to the hall so they could head outside. It was mostly Melissa who was talking and otherwise, the hall was silent. The seventeen-year-old was taller than Izuku was, by an inch or so, but the blonde had to look up at Kimitsuki to talk to her, which made the younger girl a bit self-conscious about it.

"I watched your tournament fights in the last Sports Festival," Melissa told Kimitsuki rather excitedly. "It was really interesting to see the way you fight – your Visual Quirk, in particular, is such a mystery! I believe it's a very valuable Quirk, you know?"

"Thank you, I suppose it really is," Kimitsuki agreed politely. "I mean to say, it is valuable in finding out about Quirks and their natures... I find it very useful, too,"

"But there was something I was wondering about," Melissa said, and Kimitsuki looked back at her.

"Yes?" Kimitsuki asked, a bit concerned that it was something bad.

"You were dressed in your school uniform at the festival," Melissa went on. "So, I wondered what sort of Hero Costume you had chosen for yourself... but I never expected it to be completely black,"

"What do you mean?" Kimitsuki asked, frowning.

"I don't mean it in any offense," Melissa said quickly. "But I thought your Hero Costume would be the shade of your eyes... I think shades of purple would look good on you, Kimi-tsu-ki..."

Kimitsuki was silent as she thought about it, looking down at her clothes to see that they stood out with their flair and black cloth. She knew that she had so quickly covered herself with this colour just because it made her feel close to her father... but now that she thought about it, the clothes didn't really suit her brand. She looked over to Melissa, who was still struggling with her name.

"Oh, you can call me something easier," Kimitsuki said quickly.

"Thank you, I'm sorry, I'm not very used to long Japanese names," Melissa said, rubbing the back of her head. "May I call you Kimmy-Chan then?"

"I suppose that is alright," Kimitsuki replied, her cheeks pink.

"What should I call you?" Melissa asked as she looked toward Izuku next, who had been walking quietly next to the two females. "Midoriya-Kun? Izuku-Kun?"

"Please call me..." Izuku said as he thought about it for a second. "... Deku,"

"Deku?" Melissa asked curiously, and Kimitsuki blinked at him, still not very used to this. "That's a strange nickname," She smiled. "You two can call me Melissa,"

Their new friend Melissa showed Kimitsuki and Izuku around the I-Island in detail, something that Kimitsuki was really grateful for. She kept her Visual Quirk activated to keep an eye out on all that surrounded her and Melissa really found it fun when Kimitsuki pointed out different Quirks around them and their properties. It had been a while since someone was this excited.

"Izu-Chan and I are really interested in Quirks, too," Kimitsuki told Melissa, smiling widely. "So, we always use my eyes to identify them. It's not straining for me to look at Quirks only, actually,"

"Have you seen any changes with Quirks in different generations?" Melissa inquired, intrigued.

"Yes, actually," Kimitsuki replied, excited on the topic. "In fact, this is something I really wanted to discuss. When I look at the older generation, the Quirks in their bodies are like... matte. But as you go down in the generations, they grow brighter and brighter, and I'm sort of concerned that I might not be able to see Quirks properly several generations down the line,"