🤍 Chapter 75 🤍

Just as she had told the others, Kimitsuki insisted on leading the group down the path. Her Quirk was activated in order to make sure that they would not be ambushed. Their path had been suspiciously quiet and vacant for about ten minutes before Kimitsuki furrowed her eyebrows, noticing something unexpected happening around them through her vision –

"We're being surrounded by someone's Quirk," Kimitsuki spoke up at once as she glanced around to make sure that it was not an invisible gas. "It is influencing the structure around us – I do not believe that it can do anything to human beings,"

That was all Kimitsuki had to say before the ground beneath them began to contort around into twists and so did the walls that stood around them.

"The path is rolling...!" Eijirou shouted as the Pro-Heroes struggled to stay on their feet as they ran. Kimitsuki looked toward them in concern as they did not see as slowly as she did.

"It's changing!" Izuku added with an exclaim.

"It's not Chisaki!" pitched in the Chief from behind and Kimitsuki glanced toward him. "It's different... the only one it could be... is the director, Irinaka! Irinaka's Quirk, Mimic, lets him go into objects and control them freely from within!"

"But it's on too big of a scale!" Rock Lock said. "He shouldn't be able to enter and control objects bigger than a fridge!" Kimitsuki looked around.

"That is what the Quirk tells me as well," Kimitsuki agreed. "However, I see something wrong with the Quirk – some sort of impurity,"

"That must be the boost," Fat Gum replied. "If he gets a big enough boost, it's not impossible, huh?" Kimitsuki nodded slowly. "I was bein' careful about what he'd turn into, but I didn't think he'd turn into the underground. This has got to be hard on him physically. Eraser, you can't get rid of it?"

"Not if I can't see the main body..." Aizawa said. "Nightshade, keep your eyes out,"

"Yes," Kimitsuki replied.

"If the path keeps getting changed and remade..." Tamaki spoke up. "... then they can prepare as many escape routes as they want. To have the judgment to be able to deal with this so quickly... oh, it's no use anymore... far from being able to save the girl, we're also..."

"Tamaki!" Mirio said, grabbing his friend's shoulder. "That's not going to happen. You're the Suneater! Besides, this is just a stopgap! No matter how much they try to warp the path, as long as we know the direction of our goal, I can get there!"

"Lemillion!" Sir Nighteye called after his star student.

"Senpai!" exclaimed Kimitsuki and Izuku.

"Time is of the essence!" Mirio responded as he looked toward them. "Those guys know this, too. That's why they're stalling for time. I'm going on ahead!"

"Shall I go with Lemillion Senpai?" Kimitsuki asked.

"He'll be alright," Sir Nighteye said, staring after the blond until Mirio vanished behind a wall. "We will be needing your help here. Are you able to see where the Quirk is originating from?"

"Not so far," Kimitsuki replied, still concerned for Mirio. "However, it is not originating from below us. I can feel that he is in the walls – no, he is going back below us –"

All of a sudden, the ground beneath them gave away by opening into a hole, sending Kimitsuki, her friends, the Pro-Heroes and a few of the policemen down.

Instinctually, Kimitsuki used her Shield to try and keep everyone from hitting the ground harshly enough to hurt. She managed to do it fairly decently but her eyes went right upward to see that the ceiling had closed. It was clear that Mimic had led them where they were needed.