Chapter 8

"Get up, it's time to go" Jackson said tugging my arms to get up. I got up and put on my shoes and a black hoodie. We make our way down the common room, Blaise and Pansy are sleeping on the couch.

We quietly open the door and head out to towards the cold halls. We made a couple stops because Snape was roaming around.

Jackson and I decided to make a quick stop at the library until Snape stopped roaming around this section of the castle. We went inside and hid between the book shelves.

"So who's side are you really on Jackson?" I finally looked up at him.

"I- did it for you, I just wanted... to do the right thing... they-" I cut him off before he continued.

"The right thing! What... are you even listening to yourself, people think we are bad. That's all we will ever be just bad people and there's no changing that". He looked hurt as if every word I just said stabbed him.

I sighed trying to keep my cool, " Jackson if you didn't want to be part of this you could've just said something, but it's fine go ahead try to prove people they are wrong about you". Why couldn't he see that people were never going to accept us no matter what. All they did was pity us and made us think that being weak was okay, when simply we are nothing close to that.

" I don't...want you to do this...we can be so much better than this. Your really going to risk everything for father after he killed Eden? He's going after all of them". I knew I couldn't trust Jackson with the task anymore, the mention of Eden hurts me but if I was going through with the task I couldn't let any of this get to me.

"Yes even after all of this I'm still willing to help father and I won't let you or anyone else get in the way of it. If you say anything to anyone you know that you'll be next". I hurt me to threaten him but I really couldn't risk any of this anymore.

I got up and left him in the library, I made my way to the gryffindor tower and there was Harry.

"Where's Jackson?". Looking past me to see if he was coming.

"He should be here soon snap was roaming around so we made a quick stop". He nodded and pulled down to the room of requirements. This is were they've been all along.

We walked inside and everyone was already there, practicing spells and others were dueling. Harry have his little motivational speech and everyone went back to what they were doing before.

Harry and I paired up for a duel, I went easy on him and so far he was doing great. I decided to go a little harder on him.

"Everte Statun", Harry was thrown backwards

He got up and without any further hesitation, "Carpe Retractum". I saw a rope of light reach me and pulling me towards Harry.

Before I could let Harry react I decided to finish this off now. Yes Harry was good but he needed to react faster.

"Expillelliramus" and his wand flew out of his hands.

"Bombarda" this made Harry run making the spell to miss him. Now he was running around the room at every spell I threw. But I couldn't stop, people's fear is what kept me going.

"Avis!", a flock of birds flew towards Harry and were now poking him. His hands were in the air trying to shoo away.

"Incarcerous!" Harry falls to the grown now tied up. He rolled on the floor and squirmed around trying to release himself.