Chapter 49

Two days had passed, I felt a bit less frustrated after the whole war with the wolves but I still haven't figured out a way to complete Liam's demands. Well I do have an idea, it's just that I don't want to do it. That has brought me into problems these past few days, every once in awhile Liam finds a way to torment me so I can go through with this. I just don't know how to bring this to Cornelius attention, mainly because he will think this is ridicules. Many things could be misinterpreted. If Cornelius was even a tiny bit understand the the position I'm currently stuck in then this would make it so much easier to tell him. I would've came running to him when this all started.

But I have to think like Cornelius, there's too much at stake. We are talking about giving my father's acyolets freedom, something they probably shouldn't deserve. But yet here I am helping them, a bit against my own will. They just don't know anymore...they had my father to rely on. And now...they're lost.

They are lost...and I know anyone better than Cornelius could help them, the same way he did to me, Sebastian, and...Jackson. I feel bittersweet at the remembrance of my brother. That encourages me even more to bring this to Cornelius attention. I know that if Jackson was here, he would tell me to march down to the ministry and give them many reason why acolytes can do a difference.

But my little moment of motivational speech breaks down when Pansy slams the door wide open. "Come on we're going to be late for breakfast." Pansy crosses her arms and taps her shoes on the floor.

I sigh. "oh alright." I drag myself out our dorm and we head to the great hall.

Along the way I think about what my uncle had mention to me about a couple days ago. That Harry had finally figured out Voldemort's horcrux and that he's on his way back. In that moment it finally made sense to me why Matteo is really here, he's here to protect it. This artifact can be anything, nobody had reported anything missing so what could it possibly be.

I think I'm getting too ahead of myself, Matteo had mention awhile back that there's an alarm put up and if by any chance Harry stumbles upon it, it's going to alert the other's. What if with the help of Luna, Neville, Ginny and the twins we are able to figure out how to disarm that alarm. That way no war ever happens, nobody's life is put at risk, and most of all everything gets destroyed immediately.

"Uh Pansy?." I reach out for her arm stopping her from walking. Pansy tilts her head waiting for me to tell her one good reason why I should take anymore of her time from getting food. "Go on ahead, I left a book behind."

Pansy looks at me strangely but don't think too much about it. "Just hurry, you don't want to miss breakfast." she half smiles and walks off.

I made my way pass the Gryffindor tower and towards the Ravenclaw tower. I stand by the stairs and look up, I hated having to walk up so many steps but I have to do it anyway.

I finally reach the top, I don't know what was killing me more. My brother's stupid cursed necklace or these steps. I see Luna sitting on the floor reading a...magazine? huh I knew she always had her nose stuck in books but never in magazines. "Morning Luna."

Luna looks up and smiles widely. "Morning." she nods and just stares at my necklace. "still no luck huh?." I shake my.

I walk closer to her. "listen there's something I need to tell you, I need help from you and uhhh." I felt unsure if I should refer to the rest of the group as Luna's friends or OUR friends. Luna looks at me awkwardly. "And uhhhh."

"And the rest of OUR friends." Luna makes it very clear that they are OUR friends.

I laugh nervously, "Uhh yeah."

"I heard we've been summoned." George says in a very deep voice.

"Ladies! How you doing." Fred points at us trying but poorly failing to be flirty.