Chapter 44

It's only been two days since Evelyn has gotten here and I already feel like pushing her out the window. I don't mind her being all over Matteo, but what I do mind is here wearing all my clothes. Or maybe it's just the fact that I don't like sharing at all.

The door opens and I here a couple voices, I turn around and see Mia sneaking in Max. "What are you doing here!." I whispered shouted at Max.

Mia shuts the door behind her, "he kept insisting to come inside." She whispered.

Max hands me a long black box with a red ribbon, "I know that the Malfoy's are hosting a Christmas party in just two days."

I slowly reach over to grab the box and smile at him strangely. I wasn't planning on attending the Malfoy's Christmas party since I would feel left out. Everyone else would be with family members except me so it felt really strange to me. "Thank you didn't have to do this." I opened the box and see a red laced dress with a very dangerously low cleavage cut. I think this dress might attract to much attention and the attention isn't what I need for that night but Max went out of his way for this. "It's really beautiful, I like it." I smile and give him a hug.

"So does that mean you'll finally go?." Mia pokes her head from behind Max.

I laugh, "yes I'll go."

Max grabs the box out of my hands and places it on my bed. "Ryker picked it out for you, so I just knew you would like it." He turned around and smiled.

I felt my stomach drop at the mention of Ryker, he would always pick out my outfits to special occasions. Wether it was a ball with the acolytes or an important meeting or whatever it was he always made me look the best. The dress he bought me last year for Christmas, I saved it because it's the last thing I have from him. "Does he know who I -." Max shakes his head and I feel disappointed.

Sometimes I think it's for the best he doesn't know who I am because he would be ashamed or even mad at me for what I've done. Especially since my father, me and the acolytes were the ones behind eliminating all the Van Dorhens.

Max places his hand on my shoulder, "I showed him a picture of you and I told him I wanted to gift you a dress for a special occasion and he thinks this would be the best for you." My heart broke at the fact that he didn't even recognize me in a picture nor that there wasn't any special occasion this year, nothing for me to be happy and celebrate about.

"Thank you ." I whispered and closed up the box. I pick it up and hand it to Mia. "Keep it in your room because I don't want Evenly going through my stuff and decides to take my dress."

"Evenly? What the hell is she doing here?." Max asked concerned.

"You know who she is?." I asked with disbelief.

Max nodded and his cheeks turned a bit red. "She's Matteo's ex-."

"Yes I know what she is to him." I said a bit annoyed.

Max chuckles, "how is that going for you?."

"Terrible! She keeps taking all my clothes, perfumes and a bunch of other stuff and you know I-."

"That you don't like sharing at ALL." Max said a bit over exaggerating, and making fun of me for it. "Oh that must be terrible." He placed his hand over his heart giving me a painful look.

Mia and I start laughing and Max joins. "Yes believe it or not it's very terrible."

"But anyways how's my bossy mom Mary?." I said sarcastically. Mary is like my mom and she's been taking care of me ever since I "died", so I considered her as my mom.