Chapter 48

"Rise and shine!." I barge in and open up the curtains letting Lorenzo know it's time to wake up.

Lorenzo groans out, "five more minutes."

I sigh. "Fine. Hurry we got practice today." I walk out and close the door behind me.

I head down stairs and into the kitchen to grab a small breakfast. Last night cleaning after a dead body isn't as easy my fathers acolytes made it seem.

Not long Lorenzo walks in grey sweats and a black long sleeve shirt. "Ready."

I nod and we head out to the yard where everyone else is practicing their magic and weapons they'll use. Owen and Catherin are on the mats practicing with swords. Theodore is helping Asher move his arm to get some strength after it was broken. Ivy and Rachel are dueling as well as Pansy and my cousin Adrestia. On the other side of the yard Blasie and his brother Lucas are trying out archery. Serenity, Max and My aunt Vinda are looking over the map to get to know the terrain better.

Lorenzo taps my shoulder, "who that?."

I look over to see a lady dueling with the other 14 acyolets. As I got closer to the group I smiled. "Thats Mary." Mary looks at me and winks at me. I'm glad she's here to help us out.

"Ash!." I look up the stairs and see Sebastian running down them. He then goes over the table and grabs two foam pols. "You and me." He throws the pol at me and we head towards the mats.

I take of my sweater and hand it to Lorenzo. "Good luck." Lorenzo winks as me.

I grip onto the pol and Sebastian and I get into a fighting position. "Ladies first." Sebastian smirked. So then I made the first move by hitting his side but he was quick to block it. He try to do the same but I block his pol and press down. I use the end of the pol to hit the side of his face. Sebastian cheeks flush pink and smiles.

Behind me I can hear Lorenzo laughing. "Oh come on Sebastian you can do better than that!."

Sebastian leans forward and hits my leg with his pol. I smirk and swing my pol but he ducks down and the pol flies over his head. I use this moment to put my pol behind his leg and pull, making him fall backwards. Sebastian groans out. "Are you okay." I said while walking towards him. Sebastian nods. I fall backwards and see that I had been tricked. "Ohh you asshole!." I chuckle.

Sebastian stands on his knees and see his pol coming down towards me, I roll over and if I wasn't quick he would've hit me. I swing my pol and hit him on the back making him lunged forward. I go behind him and bring the pol to his neck, I lean to his ear. "never turn your back, you become an easy target."

Sebastian grab onto the pol and pulls me forward. I'm now laid flat in front of him. "Never underestimate me."

Something gets thrown to my stomach and I look up to see a pair of black boxing gloves. I look up to see none other than my cousin Adrestia. "Lets go."

Lorenzo and Sebastian turn red in laughter. "Oh this better be good." Sebastian winks at me.

"My bets are on Ashley." Lorenzo walks up next to Sebastian and then they both start lowering their voices so now their conversation was for them and no body else.

I put my gloves on and make sure they won't slide off. I feel my cheeks heat up, nervous of fighting my cousin. I know she's pretty damn good at this, I'm good too but not as good as she is.  I walk inside the mat,"Ready?."

Adrestia smiles. "Are you?."

I chuckle. "Nope." we walk towards the middle and touch gloves. Without hesitating Adrestia throws the first punch to the side of my stomach. I bit down on my lip, her punches are hard but mostly because that's were my injury is. I a punch but she's ducks quickly and I get another blow to the stomach.