Chapter 36

A week has passed since I've seen Cornelius and Dumbledore, so far they are the only ones who know I'm alove bsides Mary. Though nothing much has happened, besides Cornelius constantly telling me I shouldn't go out. So I've taken the time to investigate the murder of my mother but so far no luck. All points to my father and if he really is the one behind all this...well I at least want to know why he did it. But something deep down inside me tells me he isn't the one behind this. It just doesn't make sense that if one of his daughter is going to end up killing each then why would he kill one of us when he's been trying to stop that from happening. It's so bad that my head has been throbbing for days trying to at least get somewhere with this.

I hear someone knock. "Can I come in?."

"Mary this is your apartment you don't need to ask." I turn around to see her come in lauging but faded away quiclky when she sees the walls covered of newspapers, picture and notes.

Mary places down the tray of food on the nightstand and walks over to see what the walls are covered up with. "What are you trying to do now?." She said as if I were up to no good. Mary traces her hand over a newspaper were my father appears hold my hand, walking out of the house my mother, aunt and sister were murder.

Mary looks at me with sad eyes, "i-is this y-you?."

I sigh and take the newspaper out of her hand and pin it back to the wall. "Yes." I point at the picture of my mother, "This is my mother and her side of the family."Still Mary is a bit confused of where I'm trying to get at.

Mary places her hand on my back. "It's said that my father killed her family." I look up to see some of them and then my fingers fall on a picture where my mother, my sister and I. "Just to get to us."

Mary sits me down on my bed and kneels down in front of me. "You're that little girl who survived the attack?."

I nod my head and look up at the wall to see all these family members had no reason for their life to be taken away. Especially not in a curel way my mother, aunt and sister died in.

"I'll leave you alone." Mary gets up and walks out of the room, closing the door behind her.

I start to think that maybe I'm just domed to not have one good thing happen to me. Maybe it's just bad luck. My entire life I've been suffering and it all beging with one person... my father. The man I onced look up to and aspired to be like him. Then I met people who believed that I could be so much better, at first I didn't believed them and without even knowing I was proving myself wrong.

When I understood what being an acolyte really meant chaos, and hurting so many people. Not the way my father described it. He said that we're superior to everyone else, that people fear us becuase they are afriad of can be truley good for all of us. Back then being an acolyte is a privelage and spreading the word so others could join. That someday all of us could take over and show everyone else that we are supperior to any other blood status. That those below us didn't deserve this gift. Since the night I killed those kids I realized that being an acoylet was taken so out of content. We don't mean anything at all. We just terriorize and kill whoever trys to defy us.

I pull up my left sleeve and see the mark I was given on my wrist, I trace the black triangle and circle in the middle. I laugh at how stupid I must've looked thinking this represented me and with this I wouldn't have to deal with people trying to stop me from doing what I wanted it. I reach over to my drawer and pull out a dagger my father had given me the day I became an acyolet. I was only 6, I didn't know what I would be dragged into. I didnt think about the consequence this would bring. I didn't think about the poeople who would die along the way. I didn't think for myself.