Chapter 13

We all gathered in the living room waiting for Dumbledore to take us back to Hogwarts. Theodore came over to say goodbye to Sebastian but that they would keep more in touch now. Owen came to say goodbye to Pansy, these two seemed to be pretty close now but I wasn't sure if they were anything official yet.

I went up to Ryker trying to at least have a couple of things to say before I left, I didn't know when I would see him again. "Hey...can we talk?", Ryker got up and followed me to the garden. We sat on the bench just starting at the sunset and we stay in silence just enjoying the view.

I looked over to see how the sunset reflected in his eyes, how the sunlight gave his pale skin more color. These were the kind of moments I wanted to stay with him like this forever, when he wasn't so cold or saying anything cruel. This was the kind of guy I fell in love with, but that was way back. Things were different now, even if we could fix each other up I don't think we could save our relationship. But that was fine by me because I still wanted him to be in my life.

I put my head on his shoulder, " promise me you'll be safe, and when you go to missions you won't try to be the hero and get out of any situation. I... i need you". The lifted up his pinky in the air and I lifted mine up and hooked our pinky's as a pact of not breaking the promise. "So you still need me huh?...even if your boyfriend doesn't like me". I pushed him playfully and we laughed.

"He's not...well we aren't anything official yet, and even if he doesn't like you I still want you around". Even though it might be wrong to say but him and I have history. "Ahh so what I'm hearing is I still have a chance?" giving me a smirk. Seriously that all he really thought about. I shoved him again playfully and laughed.

"Just write to me everyday, keep me updated", he nodded and we both got up and enjoyed our last moments together. He put his arm around my shoulder and I put my arms around his waist and I felt him give me a kiss on my head. We stay like this until Jackson and Pansy came to let me know it was time to leave.

I asked Ryker to come inside with me but he didn't want to because he wasn't good and saying goodbye to people, especially because he knew we would see each other very soon. I gave him a kiss on the check and left, Jackson and Pansy stared in aww but I tried to ignore their reaction and we went inside.

We went inside the living and there was Dumbledore and the rest saying goodbye to each other. "Ready to leave now Ash?". I nodded my head and I look back to see if Ryker would come in any moment but he never did within a blink of an eye we were back at Hogwarts.

"You all can go ahead and settle down in your common rooms, I'll be seeing you all at the hall tonight". Everyone gathered their stuff and I waited for Pansy and as soon as we started making our way out, she slipped outside first. "Ashley, I will see you tonight after the ceremony". I nodded and left.

Pansy and I walked through the empty halls, we had gotten here pretty early, "So you and Owen?", I pushed her playful and she started giggling.

"Well he's such a gentleman and so caring but I want to know him more, plus we actually decided to right to each other everyday". Wow it looked like she was pretty serious about this and not being all upset about this whole distance thing.

"But what about you and Ryker huh?" This is the kind of question I've been wanting to avoid. I didn't say anything at first think of the right words to say but there wasn't really anything bad about it.

"Well we are just try to fix things between us but that doesn't mean we will get back together". Pansy stopped walking, crossed her arms and looked at me in disbelief.

"Give the poor guy a break!", putting her hands up in the air expressing how exaggerated this situation was. "Well... Draco remember", she rolled her eyes when I mentioned his name.